When do you think you will next play golf?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Giving up their free time for the good of the club it could be argued that they deserve preferential treatment, but it’s probably not been a good idea to book as it’s bound to cause I’ll feeling
We took the decision that no one would have preferential booking and seems to have worked well.Normally only the Captain can book ahead.

D

Deleted member 1147

I can forsee the "I played today " thread being hammered over the next week.

Or do we need a "virtual clubhouse" thread to make up for not have access to real ones.

"33 points with 3 blobs...etc." ??
33 points, you’re hopeful... I’m expecting fewer than that!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Giving up their free time for the good of the club it could be argued that they deserve preferential treatment, but it’s probably not been a good idea to book as it’s bound to cause I’ll feeling
Spoke to our chairman today, he couldn’t get a time, accepted it stoically. He‘ll wait until Friday. There was a post yesterday that alluded to committee privilege, it’s poor IMO.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Spoke to our chairman today, he couldn’t get a time, accepted it stoically. He‘ll wait until Friday. There was a post yesterday that alluded to committee privilege, it’s poor IMO.

all youve got to do is get through all the motorhomes, parking on the verges and 2nd home owner influx in the area and you'll be fine ;) Course should be in stunning condition mind, enjoy when you get out there

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
We book via Intelligent Golf and I think their servers just couldn't cope with demand, so site kept crashing, but I kinda expected that.
Somehow I managed to book for today by accident, then I couldn't cancel it!
Anyhoo, all sorted for Thursday with Mr Mimms. 10 holes only but no-one seems to have booked the back 8 so we might get playing 18 after all.
Club very good at communication but IG obviously not set up for todays unusual demand.
Sure it will be fine in a day or so.

Our practice facilities not open yet- what are other clubs doing?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
all youve got to do is get through all the motorhomes, parking on the verges and 2nd home owner influx in the area and you'll be fine ;) Course should be in stunning condition mind, enjoy when you get out there
Yep. We had a members working party today, getting ready for tomorrow. It’s looking pretty good.
You’ll have to come down for a game again, current restriction/your injuries depending!
Maybe Murph could bring his clubs also, next time he’s down @ his holiday home ??

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
When Nicola lets us ?

No you'll be back golfing when the R figure in Scotland is consistently below 1, this in turn will influence the decisions made by the medical teams that advise the FM.

I'm hopeful we'll be given the green light in due course.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No you'll be back golfing when the R figure in Scotland is consistently below 1, this in turn will influence the decisions made by the medical teams that advise the FM.

I'm hopeful we'll be given the green light in due course.

what is it currently and how much is it above England’s?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm not sure, certainly a couple if days ago it was around about 1. England was between 0.6-0.9 i think but i haven't checked my figures.

We were always approximately 2 weeks behind England which is where i imagine the cautious approach is stemming from.

I just wondered if it differed much, if at all, and you were just being more cautious or if it was based on an actual negative variable to ours.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I just wondered if it differed much, if at all, and you were just being more cautious or if it was based on an actual negative variable to ours.

Caution and it hasn't dropped below the magical 1 figure. And probably based in the assumption we're two weeks behind.

Personally i think its a sensible decision, others disagree but thats neither here or there, for the sake of two weeks i can be patient, end is sight and i may even consider swinging a club again.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Caution and it hasn't dropped below the magical 1 figure. And probably based in the assumption we're two weeks behind.

Personally i think its a sensible decision, others disagree but thats neither here or there, for the sake of two weeks i can be patient, end is sight and i may even consider swinging a club again.

people are generally and naturally too impatient, let’s hope we‘re not so stupid as to repeat history ?

6E98EC7C-23ED-4482-843C-977661D2195F.jpeg

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
what is it currently and how much is it above England’s?

They don't know with much certainty, it must be very difficult to work out to a reasonable degree of accuracy. Same applies for England or anywhere else.

Latest info I can find online is 0.5 to 0.9 in England and 0.7 - 1.0 in Scotland. That means it could be higher in England but there is a large error margin in both regions.

I still believe that golf (with sensible precautions) is absolutely safe, unlike walking (as much or as often as you like) along busy paths.

Last edited:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Playing a local pay and play today. Depending how well it’s policed and how sensible people are will determine if I play more often after today.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Membership of 600 and from around 3pm on the weekend still plenty of gaps,quite surprised at that .

We’re the same, but I think that’s because everyone, without thinking too long, booked today and then Friday, which takes them out of Saturday on the alternate day rules, so there’s quite a lot of gaps, even early Saturday morning!

There’s the odd gap off the 1st on Sunday but the 10th has loads of tee times free.

I think with many 7 day members furloughed or working from home, they’re not having to scrap over weekend times and can play during the week when they wouldn’t normally be able to, so it’s took the pressure off the weekend slit’s.

Today is fully booked off both tee‘s.