When do you think you will next play golf?

Diamond

Visit site
Our BRS opened at lunch time, 2 balls, gizmo in the hole you can operate, social distancing, 3 rounds per week restriction and tees open for 7 days at a time.
managed to get 3 rounds Thursday morning, Sunday morning and Tuesday at 5pm after work :) Massive adrenaline rush after booking them, its the small things that make the routine acceptable.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Our tee booking opened at 11:30 this morning on IG, although the club have yet to notify us.... We had to agree to a Covid terms and conditions, which were pretty basic. Can only book two tee times, each for 9 holes (front or back) up to 7 days in advance as a two ball or single. Can see a loophole in it, but the IG system appears to have crumbled as it is constant retry to get back on to it. Fortunately I have 16:00 tomorrow, and 16:00 on Thursday booked.

yandabrown

Visit site
We're on IG, it can't cope.
I've been trying since just before 11 am and still not managed to book a time.
We are too, our booking was supposed to start at 13:00 but no-one can get it. It looks like they sensibly staggered the clubs initial booking slots hopin to spread the load but clearly hasn't been enough and I suspect that there are now thousands of golfers from many clubs wanting to get their slots in for tomorrow. Still, it's only a game, I'll live to book another day, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things :) and all might be reolved soon.
Edit: Indeed it was resolved soon, I'm playing golf tomorrow :) :) :)

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played yesterday. No Buggy. Wanted the exercise. That was a mistake, phone racked up 18,000 steps, and I burnt my heed.
Consistency is key in golf of course, so the ten on the tenth, plus 2 birdies on the back nine were a real pointer that my game is steady, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm not walking 18 again until next winter, especially with the boy. He's only ten and it's too far to be trekking round, so we'll probably stick to nine holes for the rest of the summer.
Was a good day out though, and both our games don't seem to have suffered too much despite the lay off.

VB2.jpgVB1.jpg

D

Deleted member 25172

I did some slut drops in the dining room much to the amusement of my wife who was on a conference call.

Ha! My gf wasn’t too impressed when I got the driver out and started to practice my takeaway while she was working. She doesn’t have a clue!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Booking opening at 8pm each evening for a rolling week ahead. Max two bookings a week in peak times 7:30am-2:30pm. Members able to play during the week are 'encouraged' to do so leaving weekends available for those working '9-5' weekdays. We'll see. If you see a slot with a singleton, then we are encouraged to contact that singleton before booking with him :)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Do you have wear the masks whilst playing? Seems quite extreme.

No, it's advisory, but we wore them when I went into the pro's shop to pay.

Was pretty much a usual round. No handshakes, and there were discs in the cups so you could get your ball out easier. Apart from that, I'd say it was just like any other round.

Played in a fourball with a couple of lads who rocked up looking to get a tee time on spec. Great company, great day out.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Club has released a Code of Conduct, plus an email from our Captain reiterating some additional factors.

I'm booked in to play my first round (9 holes only) tomorrow (Wednesday) at 4pm then Friday at 3pm, I'm booked to play 18 holes at Woodhall (Hotchkin) on Saturday morning at 09.20 then back at Coventry Sunday at 9am.

Max 3 rounds a week at home club on alternative days, otherwise the system blocks you.

I think all websites have struggled with overload, ours was no different, but with a home & away club, I can catch up playing regularly quite quickly.