When do you think you will next play golf?

D

Deleted member 18588

As of 9.00 am today 431 of 438 start times for tomorrow, Thursday and Friday booked and very few with a time on more than one day. Members only.

Start sheets are two balls at 10 min intervals from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm.
Obviously the later starters will not get 18 in but it's light enough until 9.00 pm so should comfortably fit in 9.

I hope the system can cope with the demand for the weekend times when they go live this evening.

D

Deleted member 21258

At one club, all tee times gone for Wednesday from early to about 7pm. There was only about 6-7 tee times left after 5 minutes of opening the tee times.

Looks like people are keen to get out there:LOL:

Visit site
Booked in for 8.40am tomorrow morning. Buzzing.

Tee-times made available from 8am to 7.50pm daily; 18 holes (but the 6.30pm times onwards can't really complete 18 in time obviously).

For the first 5 days (Wednesday-Sunday), you are only allowed 1 tee-time over those 5 days. Demand will be reviewed after 48 hours, but given that our website crashed when the tee-times went live, I figure it's unlikely there'll be many spare times.

They will then open tee-times up again at 7pm Friday for next Monday-Sunday, number of tee-times per person to be confirmed.

They hope to allow guests after the initial rush dies down.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As we're being limited to joles at the moment I've just swapped over to my carry bag.
Taking a full set out but hardly anything else.
Can't see the point of a trolley for 9 holes unless you're like Fragger :whistle::eek::ROFLMAO:
Back to the trolley when we revert to 18.

i*windows

Visit site
played yesterday at Erding - east of munich, 34 stableford points, which was pretty ok. Fingers crossed some of you guys and gals can get out soon

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Full 18 from Wednesday.

BRS bookings only, EGU directives being followed.

Restricted to only playing once every other day whilst they understand demand.

Moaning has now turned from the government to the club, lots of 'they can't tell me when I can / can't play" going on.

Shame as the comms from the club has been excellent.

Interesting insight into some peoples mindsets.

I'll not be rushing back

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Booked 4pm tomorrow

Buzzing ... can only play once a week (although this will be reviewed)

Just seen Dunstanburgh is open to visitors so tempted for a round up there

LoneRanger

Visit site
Booked 4pm tomorrow

Buzzing ... can only play once a week (although this will be reviewed)

Just seen Dunstanburgh is open to visitors so tempted for a round up there
It’s in great condition have been walking through it over the last few months. The wind will keep any bugs away.

Visit site
Booked for a twighlight 17:30 tomorrow. The Haywards Heath GC website was smashed under the sheer weight of numbers but a pal booked for him and me. I haven't swung a club in 8 weeks - it's going to interesting and painful in equal measure. At least I can get back to my outdoors obsession now - bit by bit. Since lockdown I have bought one new electric guitar and £300 of effects pedals...

Visit site
Hi guys

Our course was in excellent condition as it had been hollow tyned about 2 weeks ago, although the greens were a bit slow. At the end of the game we clinked putters to say thank you to our playing partners, went straight to the car park put our
gear away and went home. It was great to see my golfing buddies again, I think there was 22 of our small golf society there. I thoroughly enjoyed myself to be out and not only playing golf, but getting some exercise. You probably know that our
lockdown here in Spain has been very severe, a lot more than in the UK. As for the golf, well, 26 points, some very poor chipping probably cost me 5 points, but I hit the ball quite well, and surprising my bunker play was very good.

Im down to play again tomorrow and again on Friday, so that is good. Not sure when we will get back to any competitions, but just being out there was like being in paradise. Which it is.

Those of you who can get out there, good luck, enjoy your day, and the moment.

Good luck and Keep safe!

Great to hear. My dad's side of the family are Spanish and live mostly along the South coast from Algeciras down to Marbella. They's had a pretty crappy time of it but are beginning to move around a little. My cousin is head greenkeeper at Valderrama: I'm hoping for a fmaily get-in one of these days :p

Where abouts are you?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tee booking opened at 9pm last night. Took until 10pm to be able to get in, and off at 1652 tomorrow. Be nice to just get out and blow off some cobwebs.

2 balls, can only book 72 hours in advance and limited to 2 tee times in the first week, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Gotta be quick!

Doodle

Visit site
Our club isn't opening, but there isn't an explanation as to why. If I were to guess, I would imagine that it may well be the same answer though - they're not sure how they are going to make a profit with the current restrictions.

They rent off the council, and it isn't cheap, so my guess is that the council gave them a 'rent holiday' until they open up again. If that is the case though, I wonder what the council will think about this move...

That is shocking.
Any club that doesn't open after the lockdown is probably condemning itself to obscurity.
The members have paid their subs & are entitled to be able to play.
I would definitely be asking for a refund of my subs if my club did that & I would join another club.
All clubs are going to suffer a financial shock from this pandemic, only those that stand by their members & do the right thing will survive.

Daveg99

Visit site
We can book 48 hours in advance through How did I do. One tee time every house is reserved for any key workers, NHS staff etc if they want to play. Seems like they’ve really thought about everything and we’ve had 90% of all subs in

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Moaning has now turned from the government to the club, lots of 'they can't tell me when I can / can't play" going on.

I do not have the time of day for people like these. Your club, along with 99% of us in the UK, are doing their absolute best in impossible circumstances.

Our former proprietor would have taken a very simple and direct approach with members like you describe. It would have been a blunt “I can tell you exactly when you can and can’t play, and if you don’t like it there are other clubs you can f-off to.”

There’s a time for straight talking. This is perhaps one of them.