When do you think you will next play golf?

sussexhacker

Visit site
Some of it depends how you ask.
There was a young couple sitting on a green the other day, I just casually told them that the greens were a bit dangerous to sit on as they were treated with all sorts of chemicals, but anywhere else was fine.
Wooosh... ?
This is a council course so being as the greenkeepers are employed by said council I’m sure they’re not running around the place effing and blinding at all these idiots

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Had an email from the club saying they’re waiting clarification before confirming plans going forward.
it was worded in a way that makes me feel they‘re considering staying closed for 1 balls. I’ll be disappointed if that’s the case.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
This is a council course so being as the greenkeepers are employed by said council I’m sure they’re not running around the place effing and blinding at all these idiots
I've just seen this message myself. I think changing people's (or in this case, scumbags) attitudes on their kids using bunkers as playpits isn't going to be straightforward everywhere, unfortunately.

sussexhacker

Visit site
I've just seen this message myself. I think changing people's (or in this case, scumbags) attitudes on their kids using bunkers as playpits isn't going to be straightforward everywhere, unfortunately.
But they even do it when golf is being played
I’ve been round seaford before and some bloke had a go at me for asking him if he could try and keep his kids and dogs out of the bunkers

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So if no singletons and as my wife doesn't play then if courses open then I'm not going to be able to play until...

Will be fun for the club working out which members get what discount off next two years subs as some - like me - will be not be able to play for longer than others - and the discount is pro rata.

That said I can't help but think that Golf England may have been a quick off the mark with their advice given on the basis of Johnson's statement last night.

Plus, playing devil's advocate, I am not sure that play should be reopened for just one group of members. After all - we members are all equal in our playing rights - maybe the membership should be consulted :)

Just checked my email and my Club is advising that they are monitoring what guidance is given today - no decision has been made. Sensible.

It looks promising that golf will resume from Wednesday 13th but we still require clarification of the exact details so we can update our guidance documentation to members.
We expect to receive further information from the R&A/England Golf throughout today to help us finalise these plans.
We will be back in touch as soon as possible and no later than tomorrow morning.
Please await this further news from us before making any plans to visit the Club.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
So if no singletons and as my wife doesn't play then if courses open then I'm not going to be able to play until...

Has anyone suggested no singletons?
My Club has quite a few couples and familes that play but I'm not sure if they would fill all the tee times if they insisted on household 2 balls only.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had to mute my golf WhatsApp group.

Sick of people moaning about not being able to just do what they like.

Understand the frustration, but there are more important things right now.

Probably not the best thing to post on a golf forum ?