When do you think you will next play golf?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wednesday according the some clown on the BBC who immediately cut to the labour bloke for comment who then started to slag off Boris so I switch the nasty left wing clown off.But I'm now booked in on Wednesday. 10.24 for golf with the wife who's thrilled to bits. Not.....hee hee

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
OK, so maybe golf on Wed.... but I feel for those who've been given just 12hrs notice about going back to work tomorrow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
OK, so maybe golf on Wed.... but I feel for those who've been given just 12hrs notice about going back to work tomorrow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That’s the Government opening things up, not the employer instructions which for vast majority I wouldn’t expect will come through tonight. Not to mention things like furlough period notices/minimum time periods that will need to be complied with.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I've just hit rewind - 'From this Wednesday, we want to encourage people to take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise. You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports, only with members of your own household.'

That to me says yes to golf, though possibly only as singles, or with the wife.

So only as a single then :D

Mick68

Visit site
If I lived in England I'd be saying I'll take my exercise on the golf course and my mate will take his on the golf course at the same time and we'll stay socially distanced. What's the difference between that and going to a park with hundreds of other people while staying socially distanced? The attitude towards golf is getting ridiculous and really quite ludicrous as it's clear that it's safer to play golf with a few other people than it is to mix with loads of other people in a park. I know there are people saying golf can't be a special case but when compared to other sports it absolutely should be a special case.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always enjoyed playing there. Was our stop over as part of Northumberland Golf tours. Stopped at Burgham on way up then stayed Seahouses. Does the guy who owns it all still live in big house and run bar etc or did he sell up making a few quid ?
Played Morpeth but found the fairways on few odd being all rolling across.. some lovely courses in your area. One of guys I work with lives in Gosforth and know Captain of Newcastle golf club so hoping to play there when can this year. Any good ?

When u say Newcastle golf club....

Do you mean....
City of Newcastle golf club...?
Newcastle united golf club....?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just hit rewind - 'From this Wednesday, we want to encourage people to take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise. You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports, only with members of your own household.'

That to me says yes to golf, though possibly only as singles, or with the wife.

So only as a single then :D

So 1 to 1 Greco-Roman wrestling with the wife on the local recreation ground will be fine then?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't think golf is being singled out for harsh treatment just that no sport on an amateur level (and to my mind, at a professional level but football seems an exception) is significant enough for special treatment or mention in a national briefing. Specifics will filter down through the various unions.

Visit site
I can't see how golf courses would be prepared to open up to just have one ball players, (and their family perhaps) out on the course. The Greenkeepers will have tees and flags to put in, and the greens to get into shape. Maybe in seven days time, IF we are to interpret that Boris's comments do indeed include golf.

Mick68

Visit site
Continually whingeing about it on here isn't going to change anything.
It's a forum for people to discuss issues relating to golf. Pointing stuff out and giving an opinion isn't whinging. The powers that be in golf should be asking these questions and I think they should now open the courses with social distancing and argue that a golf course is the equivalent to a park.