Wheeler Dealer

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been quite a busy boy of late and have very nearly refreshed the majority of my bag.

Now i am sure you will appreciate that this can be a pretty expensive exercise, but i really have managed to do this on a shoe string budget.

Firstly i spotted the thread last week about American golfs price match with Golf Depot. I put a rather cheeky request for AM to price match the £299 that Golf depot were offering TM Rocketbladez Tours.

To my absolute surprise they did, then they knocked another 10% off!. I then registered for a Quidco account meaning i got 5% cash back and free delivery.

Almost straight away i sold my Cobra S3's to my mate for a decent price.

Next was my Driver. I have (had) a Cleveland Classic XL Custom and i absolutely love it. Problem was it had a reg shaft and after a previous Driving school / flight scope session, my pro strongly recommended a stiffer shaft (107-110 Driver swing speed).

Searched all over the UK web for a second hand shaft (preferably with the adapter fitted), but have had zero joy in sourcing one.

Then i stumbled across a 2nd hand Classic Custom with the Miyazaki JDL stiff shaft on Ebay, it is immaculate. That only cost me £90 and i am pretty confident i can get similar for my old one.

Driver and irons now sorted, i still had an itch to scratch.........

As mentioned i flogged my S3's to my mate, so it seemed only natural to let him buy my s3 5 wood :D

Managed to get 60 quid for it which is a fair price, but better still.......

Stumbled across the XL Classic 3w Stiff shaft for 59.99 new online. Bargain i thought and quickly asked AM to price match (they want 150 quid for it!!!).

They did

:whoo:

So new irons, new driver and 3 wood and when i think the whole exercise has only actually cost me about £130 quid an am feeling royally chuffed with myself.

Just goes to show that you can pick up some right bargains with a bit of luck and brazen cheekiness!

I will never ever change my putter, but those wedges of mine..............hmmmmmmm?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a hit out with the Irons last week and have had a couple of range sessions.

WOW

A real step change from the regular s3 irons and they are a set of irons i can really build my game around. The KBS shafts are unreal.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Stumbled across the XL Classic 3w Stiff shaft for 59.99 new online. Bargain i thought and quickly asked AM to price match (they want 150 quid for it!!!).

They did

If they can afford to drop £90 just like that what exactly are they paying for them? Or do they just take the hit on that and make it back on the next full price one?

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
they refused to do a price match on my 714 ap2 irons, i bought them off my pro in the end personally i was really annoyed with them

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shame that

They have done wonders for me over the last week or so.

Genuinely impressed by their willingness to grab my buisness

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Been quite a busy boy of late and have very nearly refreshed the majority of my bag.

Now i am sure you will appreciate that this can be a pretty expensive exercise, but i really have managed to do this on a shoe string budget.

Firstly i spotted the thread last week about American golfs price match with Golf Depot. I put a rather cheeky request for AM to price match the £299 that Golf depot were offering TM Rocketbladez Tours.

To my absolute surprise they did, then they knocked another 10% off!. I then registered for a Quidco account meaning i got 5% cash back and free delivery.

Almost straight away i sold my Cobra S3's to my mate for a decent price.

Next was my Driver. I have (had) a Cleveland Classic XL Custom and i absolutely love it. Problem was it had a reg shaft and after a previous Driving school / flight scope session, my pro strongly recommended a stiffer shaft (107-110 Driver swing speed).

Searched all over the UK web for a second hand shaft (preferably with the adapter fitted), but have had zero joy in sourcing one.

Then i stumbled across a 2nd hand Classic Custom with the Miyazaki JDL stiff shaft on Ebay, it is immaculate. That only cost me £90 and i am pretty confident i can get similar for my old one.

Driver and irons now sorted, i still had an itch to scratch.........

As mentioned i flogged my S3's to my mate, so it seemed only natural to let him buy my s3 5 wood :D

Managed to get 60 quid for it which is a fair price, but better still.......

They did

So new irons, new driver and 3 wood and when i think the whole exercise has only actually cost me about £130 quid an am feeling royally chuffed with myself.

Just goes to show that you can pick up some right bargains with a bit of luck and brazen cheekiness!

I will never ever change my putter, but those wedges of mine..............hmmmmmmm?

Just looked, now unable to price match online due to no home delivery of irons! Well nabbed!!

3Sixty

Medal Winner
Visit site
Been on a bit of a David Dickinson bargain hunt myself.

eBay is great in the winter because we're the only muppets out there playing. Picked up an ex-demo Odyssey metal X DART MID cut to 34" for £30. Postie delivered today and it's a beauty.

Waiting till after Xmas now to scoop up all those unwanted gifts!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have done well there then

Must have got wise to it after the thread last week on here (and the subsequent 10,000 price match attempts :) )