Ping Spares

seochris

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So trying to get a 19 gram weight for my G430 max driver….simple yes….no actually.
Ping will not supply the weight unless I send the club back to them….problem is the club is in Spain….what a nonsense!
it originally had a stiff shaft which I changed to a regular….they had no problem supply the shaft! So now I want a slightly lighter swing weight which is were the 19gram weight comes in. It’s has a 25 gram at the moment….

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Yes I can get one off eBay (they are all fake) but my point is that having bought their driver at vast expense why can’t I just buy a simple weight off them…?
Dunno.

It’s just a lump of metal. The Ping ones are probably from the same production line as the fakes. As long as they are the right weight, who cares.

If you could buy one from Ping, I’d wager that it would be twice the cost of a ‘fake’ anyway.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would be wary of using the fake.
The head or thread might be poor quality.
If you explain that it is in Spain, does that not help?
Have you tried Ping Spain?

A 5g change in a shaft does not require a 5g change in the head.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I had this problem with a Wilson driver. They sell a driver with changeable weights but when you ask for a weight they regard you as a total wierdo. I just wanted to try different weights.

Eventually, the shop at Silvermere got a set from the Wilson rep. but it was considered highly unusual.

RichA

Visit site
I'm not sure the weights in a lot of these drivers are actually intended to be changeable. They're held in by a bolt because it's an effective mechanism - not always to make them adjustable.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ping website says US only for the weights.
Personally, I would get some off eBay, there’s plenty there, then check them on the wife’s kitchen scales and fit it.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had this problem with a Wilson driver. They sell a driver with changeable weights but when you ask for a weight they regard you as a total wierdo. I just wanted to try different weights.

Eventually, the shop at Silvermere got a set from the Wilson rep. but it was considered highly unusual.

Looks like I’ll be speaking to them for some putter weights.