What's your trusty club?

krokodil

Head Pro
Visit site
I flip between two sets, cavities and blades, regardless of which set, the club that I have 100% belief in is my 8iron, to the point that I try and leave myself 150-160 for every approach shot.

What's everyone else's favourite club in the bag?

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
difficult one that. Though I have a favorite get out of trouble shot with a certain club, a shot I know I can generally rely upon. Its the hooded 6 iron to get out of the trees punching out below the branches back into the fairway, or into the green. Its my score saving shot.

As for favorite club, at various times they are all favorite. Though I do like my Yonex 3 wood & 5 wood.

Yesterday my S57 3iron was my favorite club in the high winds off the tee.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not really got one. They all seem to go through phases of behaving where I can hit them like a king and others where they are like unruly children and I can't hit them for trying
you can't hit what, the children or the ball... :cool:

krokodil

Head Pro
Visit site
difficult one that. Though I have a favorite get out of trouble shot with a certain club, a shot I know I can generally rely upon. Its the hooded 6 iron to get out of the trees punching out below the branches back into the fairway, or into the green. Its my score saving shot.

As for favorite club, at various times they are all favorite. Though I do like my Yonex 3 wood & 5 wood.

Yesterday my S57 3iron was my favorite club in the high winds off the tee.

A 3i low into wind is a great shot to be able to play!

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
they are like unruly children and I can't hit them for trying

Homer,

I couldn't agree with you more.
I only hit my kids when I think they're not trying hard enough! :D

(If you're reading this and you work for Social Services - I was only kidding - I don't hit my kids :eek:)

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Usually one of the following, 3 Wood, 7 Iron, Lob-Wedge.

Driver has been very kind lately however and the putter hasnt been in bad shape either.

Struggled of late with the 4/5 iron out of the rough and the PW with a dose of the sherman's with that but now sorted.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If I can leave myself a 9 iron in I'm a very happy bunny. it seems to be the one club I can almost guarantee to get right.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All of them are evil snakes who can't be trusted at the moment!

One moment I'm loving my lob wedge next I'm carving dinner plates sized divots,then my hybrid flies and next time it's a top etc etc.

Still it adds variety to my game