WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE GOLFING AID???

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Izzo - smooth swing.......crap gadget, but it makes me do two things I nearly always forget!

Dave

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mine is the eyeline putting device. Basically it has two (removable) rails and a mirror. THe rails are a putter width wide and you slide the putter in and it gives you the feeling of taking the putter back nice and square.

On the mirror are lines which indicate where your eyes and shoulders are in relation to the ball. It allows you to position yourself directly over the ball and with your shoulders parallel to the target.

I use it several times a week on a 6 foot putting mat to get the feeling of taking the putter back and through and to check my alignment.

I also try and take it down to the putting green at least once a month with the rails removed. It aslo has holes drilled into it which you can insert tees. If you do this at the front it allows you to putt and (hopefully) miss the tees. If you hit them it shows if your are pushing or pulling the putter. It also has a series of holes drilled behind the ball which allows a tee to be placed which then restricts the distance a putter can be taken back. Ideal on short putts for practicing a short crisp action.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't use any aids as such. I have an old 7 iron that I have wrapped in a load of lead weight which I swing to help muscle memory, thats about it.

Jon. You're not my long lost grandchild are you? Only 3 weeks ago I melted down half a dozen lead fishing weights that I haven't used for about 30 years and recast them around the head of an old club and now use it for exactly the same purpose.

I do seem to remember a couple of evenings down the local bowling alley.............

T

thecraw

Best aid is any one of your clubs that your not using when practising. Put it on the ground to make sure your alignment is spot on and begin your practice session.

Cheap, simple and effective.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have an iron bar with a club grip on it. Use it for muscle memory and also to warm up before playing. Half a dozen slow swings with that I and I am ready for a round.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Got a Medicus dual hinged 5 iron. Great fun to try and hit balls, but completely useless.

Nearly bought a puter once, with a 5mm diameter glassfibre shaft. If you held it upwards, the putter head would touch the grip. Great for gettinng a smooth putting stroke, as if you were a bit jerky, the head got left behind, but it was a touch too expensive.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to agree there Squire....

I bought myself a remote control trolley a year and a half back and it's fantastic, Saves walking around the green and whenever I need to reload all I do is call it back to the tee and get another ball out. Great fun.

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've got this lead sock thing you put on any iron and it sorts out a slice. Only thing is as soon as I take it off I go back to dodgy old swing yet it seemed so obvious what I was doing wrong when I was using it. Maybe I should stick weights all my clubs - is that legal??

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Best aid is any one of your clubs that your not using when practising. Put it on the ground to make sure your alignment is spot on and begin your practice session.

Please explain!

My favourite is the humble tee. Stick one in the ground and swing away, aiming to brush it on every swing. I find it helps to stop fat and thin shots.

Mr_Top_Shot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mr Top Shot

Is she available for hire (golfing purposes only!!!) or could she have a word with my wife. Been trying to get her to do that for years (got the scars to prove it)

Not available for hire i am affraid. She just agrees with me that it is a lovely scenic walk and enjoys the fresh air