What's the rule on dropping hcp?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So if I was the equivalent of 37 points.....(which is one stroke under my hcp)...shouldn't I have come down .2 instead of .4? Ahhhh....whatever.......I guess there is a plan to the madness.

If you had shot 37 points instead of 39 your handicap would not have changed.

Mandofred

Visit site
Just had a look on HowdiIdo and the CSS for Wednesday at Knaresborough was 71 so the reduction is correct.
I'm not disagreeing with the verdict. I just don't understand how it came to be. So....the course played "easy" that day? Fair enough. It played 2 shots easy? One shot easy? SSS is maybe 73 unless I found a false number somewhere (always a possibility). So because it played easy that day the math decided I was only 2 shots under hcp instead of the reality of 3 shots?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I'm not disagreeing with the verdict. I just don't understand how it came to be. So....the course played "easy" that day? Fair enough. It played 2 shots easy? One shot easy? SSS is maybe 73 unless I found a false number somewhere (always a possibility). So because it played easy that day the math decided I was only 2 shots under hcp instead of the reality of 3 shots?
The internet seems to say that Knaresborough's SSS is 72

Springveldt

Visit site
Well, the things I KNOW.
1. I was 9.8
2. I shot 79 on a par 72 course.
3. 39 stableford pts.
4. I'm now 9.4
Other than that...the things I'm pretty sure of...... I'm pretty sure Trump is nuts. If you fall off a cliff you will probably get hurt. If you stick a needle in your eye, you won't like it.
So the CSS on the day was 71 and you shot a net 69, so 2 under CSS and a 0.4 cut.
As others have said, ignore par for handicap purposes, par is irrelevant.