What's the oldest club in your bag?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
If it's in the bag then it will be the Scotty Cameron Red X2, which was a 2004-6 release, or a Futura Phantom Mallet 2 from 2005; they won't be going anywhere as it's getting harder to find centre shaft putters. Currently got a Futura 5S in from 2017. MP25's are from 2016 I think, along with the H5's. Hybrids are the 2018 MP CLK and ST200 driver & fairways from last year.

I've stuck to the current occupants of the bag, but I've still got a full set of Maxfli Revolutions from 2002 tucked away as a travel set, and some older Mizuno MS-3's (I think) and persimmon woods which I must re-grip & introduce to Crow...

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
That would be my Mizuno MP20 HMBs. Purchased 5 weeks before lockdown in 2020! ?‍♂️? Since July 2020, every other club replaced courtesy of Frazer Amey at Westerham GC, Matt Johns at The London Putting Academy (Royal Blackheath GC), Mizuno demo day at Hilden driving range and two trips to Precision Golf!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I believe the oldest club in my bag is an odyssey white hot 330 xg putter from about 2009.

It could also be an old benross hybrid v5 escape that is probably from the same era.

Both were handed down to me from pals.

Everything else is less than a year old.

I am building a 90s bag currently though, just missing a putter for that. Currently consists of Wilson irons from 1991ish and titleist 975 driver and fairway wood from 98 I believe.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My putter a rife two bar hybrid mallet type I think it’s about 10 years old I can’t see me changing it ever.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A lot of people saying that their putter is their oldest club and will never leave their bag, reminded me of @ScienceBoy who I've not seen for ages, in fact he last posted in March, anybody no what's happened to him?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It would be my 48 degree vokey wedge and odyssey two ball putter. Not changed them since I started golf again around 2012/13.
I looked at swopping the two ball for a truss putter. What a load of rubbish that was. Cannot believe I paid £60 for the vokeys.

D

Deleted member 1740

18° Ping G10 hybrid i've had since new

Last edited by a moderator:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Titleist 910 driver and 3 wood. Custom fitted at Celtic Manor in 2012 and will stay in my bag until they break. Although if I put a sky mark on the driver it would have to go. :)

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Right now I don't have a very old club in my bag, although my putter is an authentic, hickory-shafted replica of a 1920s Spalding model.

The oldest club that occasionally finds its way into my bag, however, is a 1977/78 Ram Zebra face-balanced mallet putter,

John Evans 9

Visit site
My oldest club is my Lynx putter which I won in 1977. It’s had a new shaft recently, that is 15 years ago ! I’m just starting to get used to it.