What's the deal with castle tees

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's wrong with ball retrievers? Mine has paid for itself many times over, retrieving balls out of water hazards and gorse bushes. :mmm:

How much has it cost you in self respect man!!???

Castle tees, ball retrievers, chippers, irons covers, towels tucked into your belt NO!!!!

Mickey Mouse golf and to my mind are an abomination!!

If you ask why or attempt to justify then you just don't get it:thup:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Personally speaking, I have never found a Castle Tee that gives me the right height for any club.

The're all, broardly speaking, too high for how I prefer the ball tee'd.

I agree with this so I got a set of small washers to slip over the stem and I can now customise the tee give the perfect height.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
January is nearly over!

Pink Castle tees work fine for me - and I can and them!

Grey actually seem to suit me slightly, but the hassle of trying to find the bleeding things isn't worth the trouble!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I will ALWAYS use a red wooden tee. It started a few years ago when I had one of my best ever rounds and realised when I finished that I had only had these in my pocket. I am now so OCD about it that if I have to tee it up on another coloured tee it plays on my mind while I'm hitting my drive. In my more rational moments I know it's complete nonsense but I still do it. Having said that I will also only have the TV at home or the radio in the car on an even number for the volume because it's unlucky to have it on an odd number. There is a chance that I might need professional help.

I'm exactly the same, although I will accept odd numbers divisible by five!

Are wooden tees environmentally sound? Is chopping up thousands of trees to make a tee, which may only last one shot a green idea?

Don't you mean chopping up A tree to make THOUSANDS of tees?

Slime.

Oh, I'm a pink castle golfer!

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Castle tees, ball retrievers, chippers, irons covers, towels tucked into your belt NO!!!!

Only the person in question can gauge self respect! The word "self" gives it away

V

vkurup

Those who laugh at people using Castle tees dont know where they stand on this issue....

.. they would but that would be a different thread... :ears:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm exactly the same, although I will accept odd numbers divisible by five!

Nurse, nurse, he's forgotten to take his medication again. :) If I did that on my car radio that would be two odd numbers that I would be thinking about rather than concentrating on driving as I crashed into the tree.

EDIT - just realised it could be 3 odd numbers as you'd have the starting number, the five you're dividing by and then possibly the resulting odd number as well. I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on anything apart from all the odd numbers. It's a nightmare for me to get anywhere when I have to travel around the country. I can't use the M1, M25 etc and don't get me started on having to sit in an odd numbered row on a plane when the flight number is odd. I'm convinced we're going to plummet to our deaths from 30000 ft just due to the power of the odd numbers.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nurse, nurse, he's forgotten to take his medication again. :) If I did that on my car radio that would be two odd numbers that I would be thinking about rather than concentrating on driving as I crashed into the tree.

EDIT - just realised it could be 3 odd numbers as you'd have the starting number, the five you're dividing by and then possibly the resulting odd number as well. I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on anything apart from all the odd numbers. It's a nightmare for me to get anywhere when I have to travel around the country. I can't use the M1, M25 etc and don't get me started on having to sit in an odd numbered row on a plane when the flight number is odd. I'm convinced we're going to plummet to our deaths from 30000 ft just due to the power of the odd numbers.
This is almost a prime number example. :whistle:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally dont like them, always use wooden tee's, if I break one its only an hours work to pin and glue it back together.
You may joke.... I played winter league with a fella who drills out the pink castle tees and replaces the spike with a nail. This, apparently, makes them easier to put in the winter mats.

That, my friend, is true dedication :thup:

Last edited:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Balls in these places are sacrifices, made to the gods, and are not for removal.

Would you take candles from a church?

Pretty much every teaching pro I have talked to says that they grew up when golf balls were not so cheap and every one deserved a rescue mission attempt!

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
You may joke.... I played winter league with a fella who drills out the pink castle tees and replaces the spike with a nail. This, apparently, makes them easier to put in the winter mats.

That, my friend, is true dedication :thup:

Hmmmm, he may be on the right tack there, pinning his hopes on nailing his drive, lets hope he doesnt get screwed over by the rules.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I plead guilty to charges one and two. Not guilty to charges three, four and five! :)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Set the volume before you set off, you'll be okay, then make any necessary adjustments when waiting at a red light.;)

Planes don't plummet from 30,000 feet, it's an even number. It's also divisible by five making it doubly safe! :thup:

Slime.