Votes: 22 81.5%
  • B move to the new course, its cheaper Course B

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • C Do both

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
D

Deleted Member 1156

Are there any joining fees involved at the new course or rejoining the original one? Maybe they are going for the 6mths free golf and plan to move back in 18mths time?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Depends;

If money isn't an issue go C
If money is B
If the course is the factor A - Mind you there's not enough information regarding the other course to decide.

Also people/atmosphere/facilities etc all play a part.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Does it really matter? Market dictates and if club A is loosing significant member numbers to anywhere, club A needs to figure out why and quickly. If it's just a few bods then again does it matter

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Patrick have the guys in question left Tain ? , Tain is one of my favourite courses / clubs in Scotland ,I'm still swaying over a country membership next year

Wolf

Visit site
Money isn't the only factor for me reading through the OP, distance and time saved is also something to consider so based on how my circumstances are as I'm weighing up something similar when we move in 2 weeks time I've gone for B.

My dilemma is where we are moving to is 15 mins from a top 10 UK course and 10 mins, from another nice decent course so time wise no real issues, the difference literally then comes down to simple economics the top course wants a joining fee plus subs, the other course is literally subs only. I'd love the top course but I have a wedding to plan, a new area to move to, 6 kids to look after and then there's the usual outgoings. For me being able to play the decent yet cheaper course comes out on top as it means less outgoing so more to spend on having away days and trips that I couldn't afford if I went to the better course and paid the higher subs and joining fee.

Sometimes it's easy to sit back and say play the better course we'd all prefer it but we also have to live and maybe that's the deciding factor for these guys..

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I voted A. I think the bad weather last year caused a few people to jump ship prematurely to another course.
However a decent summer and a good course will always stand out. Long term A has to be the better option.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Patrick have the guys in question left Tain ? , Tain is one of my favourite courses / clubs in Scotland ,I'm still swaying over a country membership next year
yes Steve, for the life of me i can't work out why, when i was a member at Tain we could play there for free, went once and that was enough. numbers wise i'm told its a fair few out of a membership of only 230 ish

Good to see judging by the survey that the majority on here would go course first .

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes Steve, for the life of me i can't work out why, when i was a member at Tain we could play there for free, went once and that was enough. numbers wise i'm told its a fair few out of a membership of only 230 ish

Good to see judging by the survey that the majority on here would go course first .

Cant see why they'd want to leave Tain a very proactive club in an area which has load of clubs, course wise its a very good test, sometimes you shake your head and wonder why

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cant see why they'd want to leave Tain a very proactive club in an area which has load of clubs, course wise its a very good test, sometimes you shake your head and wonder why
not forgetting the reciprocal round you get
Royal Dornoch
Brora
Golspie
Fortrose
Muir of Ord
Inverness
Torvean
Strathpeffer
Alness
Bonner Bridge
Tarbert/Porthahomac

not to mention Invergordon;)

all those as many times as you like for £10 except Dornoch

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd stay where I was. A lot of courses have suffered due to the hot summer and it will take time for these to come back but they will do eventually. I'd rather have some short term hurt and a decent course rather than a cheap deal now and a goat track to play on. What's to say course B won't suffer equally over the winter?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Depends on qualifying competition calendar, booking systems, sss, teeing off arrangements, ratio of seniors to middle aged. Membership numbers.

I’d like to be a member of a “UK top 100” but the one nearby has three starting positions. A group of seniors notoriously go round as a five ball, it’s too traditionaly stuffy and they only have two qualifiers a month.

It’s standing on an arbitrary list doesn’t match what I want for my golf.