What wedges

Yiddo1982

Visit site
Hi I've been playing with some g425 irons 5-pw and an old cleveland cg14 56 degree wedge which I use for chipping and short pitch shorts. There is a quite a gap in distance between my pw 110 to my 56 degree 70 yards( I'm not a long hitter and a 20 handicap player). I've been looking at the ping glide wedges instead of the uw gw and lw in g425s. What sort of degree should I be looking at. My pw is 44.5 degree. Would 50 54 58 be the better set

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I've gone with the Ping U wedge to match my irons. It's the equivalent of an old PW and fits the gap nicely between the PW and my 54*

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I've gone with the Ping U wedge to match my irons. It's the equivalent of an old PW and fits the gap nicely between the PW and my 54*
That’s what I’ve got. Ping G20 PW, UW, then Glide 54 and 60 degrees.

In practice, I don’t use the UW much but it’s handy in some circumstances.

Yiddo1982

Visit site
The uw is 50degree and sw is 54 degree. What's the difference between buying them instead of the ping glide 3.0. More spin, control???

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You need to fill the gap between your 44 and 56.
What you need is a GAP wedge 50 deg.
Then you'll have a PW for low shots, a GW for medium shots and a SW for high shots.
KISS

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The question is due you want your Wedges for distance shots or general wedge shots?

If it is for distance the first wedge should be the same shaft etc as you main irons ie. the U wedge from the set.

The wedge after that really should suit the sand where you play the most so looking at bounce becomes important and make less important.