What was your first car?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine was an A reg 1.2 Ford Fiesta in an horrendous brown colour. Still lasted a few years with very few problems so a great first car.

Del

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A Ford Cortina Mk2 i paid £25 (F reg 1968) for it and then spent £30 having it resprayed electric blue with white wheels, how sad does that sound know !!!

Del

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My 1st car was a ford fiesta R reg. Red 1.3litre (I think).

Didn't bling it up at all as I just can't see the point personally. Some might disagree but that's just my preference.
If a car was suppost to have a bodykit then it would roll out of the factory like that. Have I just had a small rant there???

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
First car was a Mini 850 with the push button floor start.

Pros - got me back and forth from Germany at least six times and never let me down. Just loved that car - nothing to dislike about it.

Cons - the sub frame went and reluctantly had to get rid of it.

Most fun car - MK3 Cortina GT, with the long bonnet. Owned in my single days. Out one evening with mate and persuaded girls to come back to his place for coffee. He had a company car - MK4 Cortina and pulled along side of me at traffic lights, and I just blew him away, the acceleration on that car was so rapid.
Aahh, those were the days, great fun, must stop getting all nostalgic. :cool:

Golfmmad. In his speedy pulling machine. :D

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My 1st car was a Talbot Samba - Looked exactly like this one

std_85_talbot_samba.jpg

Bought it off my mum in January 1992 - 3 weeks later the exhaust fell off and while it was sitting outside my flat we had a 2 week spell of seriously cold weather and as the engine had no antifreeze in , it ended up with a cracked engine block. God knows what crap we poured into it to seal the crack but that car kept going for another 18 months before i sold it to a bloke from Brighton for £400 - sold as seen . I have no idea how he got it from Essex down to the south coast !!!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't buy them new, you plonker. The Ford would have been £100 when new in 1937, not the tenner I paid for it. That would have been a couple of week's wages after deductions at the time :eek:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fiat Strada, silver(ish)

Cons: driver's window kept slipping down, driver's seat was shot so had to sit on a cushion.

Pros: It cost £175 (paid for by my dad). Gave me freedom. PX it for £999 on one of those minimum px deals.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fiat Strada, silver(ish)

Cons: driver's window kept slipping down, driver's seat was shot so had to sit on a cushion.

Pros: It cost £175 (paid for by my dad). Gave me freedom. PX it for £999 on one of those minimum px deals.

Fiat Strada here too. The Fiat worse than death, as we called it. So many things broke and were replaced that the car was getting rebuilt from the inside.

Wizzle

Medal Winner
Visit site
'R' reg Corsa 1.0 ltr

Pros: cheapest to insure (which still cost me over £2k! Robbing B*stards!)

Cons: It was a 1.0 litre... you could put your foot down and have a quick sleep before it got to 60!

Regardless of all the above it was my first pride and joy and I loved it!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've gone from this...

vx-cavelier-75.JPG

To this...

Cupra2007small.jpg

With an Allegro, Scirocco, Renault 11, Mk2 Cavalier, Laguna, Calibra, and Mk1 Leon Cupra along the way.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
105E Ford Anglia - TPM 304 Two-tone yellowish/greenish

passed away following an altercation with the rear wheels of lorry on an anti-camber bend near Abbotsbury, Dorset (****** MacPherson struts!)

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine was a black and gold Astra. Anyone remember them?
At the time I thought it was the bee's ball's.

I now have a Renault Senic (total rubbish car, worst car I've ever had) wife likes it......

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I guess you like yellow cars then?

Not particularly

The Cavalier was yellow, but I sort of 'acquired' it from my Dad.
It ran out of oil while I was driving it, big end went.
My Dad paid for all the parts to fix it, but I had to do it myself (with a little help from him and a mate) and I'd never done anything to an engine before that.
It cost him £400 in bits, then he sold it to me for £400. :)

The Leons (yes my Mk1 Leon was yellow too) are just what was available at the time. They don't seem to hold their value as much as other colours, but it's grown on me now, especially with dark windows and black mirrors and wheels.