What to do with my spec?

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As some of yous know i got fitted for new irons with my club pro..

But for yous that missed the topic hes a very quick run down...

He sells brands that are not main stream so to speak so was thinking a price of about 300/400 would be the final figure. However he came back as 600/700 and to be honest i did not want to spend that on a (for me) none branded club that i have never heard of.. NOTE: i think branded clubs at the same rrp (600/700) look so much better..

anyways..

got him on the phone and my spec is as follows... These figures are based on a 6 iron..

Length - 38inches

Lie - 60 or 62 deg with a 2 Inch tip (said he make something in between for me Ie 61 deg)

Shaft - GS75R

Weight - D3D4

So i am hoping someone here can help me understand it all wth regards to the the weight lie and the length. Is it far off a standard off the shelf setup??

Reason i am asking is to try and find out if its worth chasing this spec with the likes of top golf store within the uk to get myself a branded set made up..

many thanks for taken the time to read this and offer your feedback in advance.. :)

P.s Hope i have took all the info down correctly lol

EDIT: on a side note he said if i got a set of iron heads he would shaft them with the above shafts and also fit tour velvet grips for 125 quid (which i feel is a more than fair price)

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you want to check how these specs match up against an off the shelf set most manufacturers websites give the specs for their clubs. If you fancy a particular club check out the website. Eg from the Titleist site, AP2 specs

6 iron
Loft 31 degrees
Lie 62.5 degrees
Length 37.5 inches
Swingweight D2

I don't think many people can detect differences in swing weight of less than 2 or 3 points and most mens clubs come in around D2-D3

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not sure on brand mate tho it's not something a local pro shop or golf Store would stock.

Really mixed up now headed for another fitting today at my local pro shop as I want to make sure I have the best setup for me but really the only thing that matchs is the fact I need 1 or 1.5 deg flat.

Shaft wise they wanted me to go stiff he says to many shots are going left (from what the computer says) ( also happens on course thats why i need a change) and that even with a flater lie on the irons they will still go left and that with a stiff flex it will allow me to hit a bigger ball and get more shots down the middle.

I really don't know what to do now. Not happy with any clubs I have hit to be honest tho feel I need to make the change for better control.

From what I remember from the fitting I had a swing speed avg of 85mph and ball speed of avg 121 and that was hitting the jpx 800's with a standard stiff shaft. Most where carrying 165+. Tho it did not feel as good as the lighter shaft listed above. Nor did the club heads feel as good.

With my first fitting with the pro It was just in the practice ground at te club, which for me was a better plus as I don't feel ring hitting into a net.

Again any more advise be good as I don't want to hand out 450 quid plus on something that's not 100% right in my mind,

As stated above the only the lay is the same so it's down to shaft and head but how the hell am I going to pick something. Lol

Thanks
Hendy

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The only way you will get it rite is if you go into say ag superstore and check out as many different clubs and pick the one that suits your eye . best then go get fitted for them but I wouldn't hand over that kind of money without being 110% sure that's what I wanted .