What tier are you in?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only places in Tier 1 seem to be Isle of Wight and Cornwall! :LOL:

On a personal level not much difference between the two really. Just glad I can go back to playing golf, although we cannot have a chin wag round a table afterwards unless we want to sit outside and the club does not have patio heaters.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We were Tier 1 with low incidence - now Tier 2...and we still have a low incidence - at the moment - but we are close to areas of much higher incidence and our hospitals are located in them also. But there you go. This severity of tiering is (IMO) only in place in an attempt to protect us from ourselves and others over the 5 Days of Christmas...and I'm not so sure that's going to work. And if you were to ask me - Christmas Day is one day and not five. Five days will I fear just see a lot of folks using the period to get tanked up and will end up behaving irresponsibly and riskily,

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We were tier 3 now tier 2.
So it has worked in places.
Liverpool have had a very intense testing programme which has helped massively. This includes the fast test which has helped identify carriers quickly, isolate them, track and trace.

Liverpool was a test area for this, it's worked. They need to roll this out across other tier 3 areas.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Heard some guy on the radio this morning asked why someone in a Tier 1 area before lockdown now finds their area is Tier 2 after lockdown - when the point of lockdown was surely to reduce spread and enable restrictions to be relaxed...the chap didnt or couldn’t explain - and I am confused likewise.

I can just about rationalise it - but I have to really stretch my logic and make some pretty major assumptions about the area in which we live and about the areas not that far from us. And my stretched logic in most other contexts would be very questionable.

Visit site
Heard some guy on the radio this morning asked why someone in a Tier 1 area before lockdown now finds their area is Tier 2 after lockdown - when the point of lockdown was surely to reduce spread and enable restrictions to be relaxed...the chap didnt or couldn’t explain - and I am confused likewise.

I can just about rationalise it - but I have to really stretch my logic and make some pretty major assumptions about the area in which we live and about the areas not that far from us. And my stretched logic in most other contexts would be very questionable.

Well I am struggling to rationalise it. And truth is, i don't think this government really knows either. I think they need to listen to a more varied selection of medical experts. The facts are that lockdown doesn't work as effectively as they imagined.
Meanwhile so many businesses are facing ruin, but that doesn't seem to be a problem to the government.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Tier 2

Golf returns but the post round beer does not. Bit frustrating that we can only eat out with household members, clubhouse will suffer!

Golf is back though :love::love:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
A massive move from Tier 1 pre lockdown to Tier 3 now. All of this based, from my understanding, on the fact that Lincolnshire is now being rated based on the whole county as opposed to the individual local authorities. As such, our area now includes hotspots such as Boston, Grimsby and Skegness which are 25-50 miles away whereas the boarder of Tier 2 Rutland is only a few miles down the road.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well I am struggling to rationalise it. And truth is, i don't think this government really knows either. I think they need to listen to a more varied selection of medical experts. The facts are that lockdown doesn't work as effectively as they imagined.
Meanwhile so many businesses are facing ruin, but that doesn't seem to be a problem to the government.
You might suggest this - I couldn't possibly...and so of course I cannot even hint about who the 'expert' was :(

D

Deleted member 15344

We were tier 1 and now moved into Tier 2 because they put Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes all together

It seems that’s happened all over the place with areas like Kent on Tier 3 because of some small area

It looks like it’s a very small opening from lockdown with basically sports open and restaurants

If they left it at local councils like they did before then I suspect a lot more would be tier 1. I can’t see the rationale of restricting one area based on another 50/100 miles away