What should my handicap be?

Paul McIntosh

Visit site
I laid off golf due to the pandemic. My last round was March 19, 2020. At the time I had a 8.0 index. I’m playing again tomorrow. What should me handicap be when I begin play?

Swango1980

Visit site
8.0 index
He didn't have an Index in March 2020, that was pre WHS.

There is potential he means that he had a handicap of 8.0 (CONGU handicap), in which case his Index could be anything. Unless he has seen the Jan 2018 - Nov 2020 calculations of his initial WHS Index, in which case 8.0 would be correct. However, if he had seen those calculations, I doubt he would need to ask this question in the first place?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I laid off golf due to the pandemic. My last round was March 19, 2020. At the time I had a 8.0 index. I’m playing again tomorrow. What should me handicap be when I begin play?

1. I presume you have a CDH number. Register on the England Golf website and you will find your handicap index on there
2. At your club you should be able to check your own record on the clubs ISV system and it tells you your handicap index on that.

However if by laying off you mean you left your club and have not rejoined a club you no longer have a handicap until you rejoin a club.

Swango1980

Visit site
1. I presume you have a CDH number. Register on the England Golf website and you will find your handicap index on there
2. At your club you should be able to check your own record on the clubs ISV system and it tells you your handicap index on that.

However if by laying off you mean you left your club and have not rejoined a club you no longer have a handicap until you rejoin a club.
Just to caveat that, this is if he is an affiliated member in England (i.e. registering with the England Golf website). His name sounds quite Scottish