What remote control ?.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi guys, I've just installed our new wall mounted smart TV , including all necessary cables etc to my Virgin box and Panasonic HDD recorder, and everything is working great.
But now HID wants me to hide the V/box and recorder inside a new sideboard type unit she intends buying, moving things is not a problem , BUT--

This unit is made of some kind of wood with a high gloss polished finish but it has no glass doors .

Question ---is there a remote control or adapter that will suit both the recorder and the V/box and will transmit a signal through wood ??.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do the boxes allow any apps to be used to control?
, Yes " I" can record using the tv apps , but I'm not sure if I can control theVirgin box in that way .

But I'm afraid HID is set in her ways and not too keen on change, so i was hoping there was a way to adapt the existing remote controls.

Or leave the unit door open to let the signal through .

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Bob that's exactly what I'm after , saves me getting a cat flap fitted.:cheers:

There is another wee unit on amazon called Neet but cost is the same. Maplin is handy and have a great returns policy if it doesn't do the job. They have loads in Hamilton, and most of the stores around your profile location. You could probably pick it up and install it by tomorrow evening ;)