TV/ Audio video advice please

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Are there any experts out there please.
I have bought a dvd recorder with freeview that now lives in the lounge and I would like to watch it in the kitchen and office. The problem is, it only seems to work through the scart output and not RF cables.
Ive had a nose around and I know you can get AV senders but I've also found a box that converts scart to RF
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RF-Modula...?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item4ab4ac3ac3

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this set up. I already have the RF cables in place and the remote control senders so thats not a problem.
It's just how to avoid running a loggggggg scart cable round the house :(

Thanks for any advice

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a satellite decoder I wanted to send all over the house using RF cables.

What I did/do is use an old video cassette recorder I had lying around, connected the scart from the decoder to the VCR and use the RF out from that.

Hope that makes sense!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
That might just work captain.
Only one problem....I've just started it recording a film which lasts 2 hours so patience required.
Will let you know if it works.
Thanks Hooker :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Clever boy, it works :)
Thank you :clap:
Now how do I connect it all up with the sky box, Tivo (sore point) dvd player video and tv x3 :confused:

This calls for some serious fiddling :)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
SCART to RF will result in signal degradation Bob, and then carried over a long distance through RF you may not get a great picture at the other end.
I would personally use a fast transfer AV sender over RF any day.

Edit: I realise you got this sorted and you may be happy with the end result - if so, result :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Edit: I realise you got this sorted and you may be happy with the end result - if so, result

Nope, still fiddling. Too many scart cables and not enough sockets. And.....I can't find my multi scart box selector thing. :angry:
Cant wait till I get Tivo no.2 on Monday :confused:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, you could use one of the converter boxes then run it through a splitter/amplifier (1 in 3 or 4 out) which would address some of the degradation issue and also fix the connectivity issue with the SCART problem.