• Masters

• US PGA

• US Open

• The Open

Results are only viewable after voting.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I'd definitely want to savour the walk down the last a bit. Which is another reason The Open wins. No way could I do that if it was still on the line.

Are masters winners members at augusta in perpetuity? If they were that might make it closer...

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Always feel like I'm being disloyal when I say the Masters but the add-ons are too good - annual dinner with Nicklaus, Tiger etc and the chance to get a few mates in every year too good to be true. The US Open should maybe have a bit more regard over here - imagine winning it at Oakmont, Merion etc - but never seems to truly catch on.

Now trying to work out if I'd rather win the PGA or the Olympics? Think the latter

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Always feel like I'm being disloyal when I say the Masters but the add-ons are too good - annual dinner with Nicklaus, Tiger etc and the chance to get a few mates in every year too good to be true. The US Open should maybe have a bit more regard over here - imagine winning it at Oakmont, Merion etc - but never seems to truly catch on.

Now trying to work out if I'd rather win the PGA or the Olympics? Think the latter

Think we can agree there are precious few downsides to winning any of them...

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The Open, having to hole an 8-footer for the win on the 18th, with everyone in the stands on their feet.

I might be strange in that way, but it's like winning in football or any other sport. If it's decided way before the season/tournament has come to an end, for me, it loses that factor of pure ecstasy where you for 10-20 seconds dive into sort of a parallel universe screaming and jumping for joy with excitement that you simply cannot control.

That is one of the things that I've been thinking about regarding people who don't like or care about sport. They may love their theatre or whatever it might be, but I don't see where they would get those emotions where the world around just disappears, only if for a few seconds.
You've made it quite easy for me. All the above is pretty much what I would say.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've already won a two hole play-off for The Open, playing to a small crowd in the grandstands of 17 and 18 of the Old Course.

Or rather, that's how my opponent and I imagined our match ending ahead of the 2015 Open. We were playing for the club's Arnold Palmer trophy a couple of days before the course closed, he'd beaten me on the 16th and offered a small wager to play-up 17 and 18 "For The Open".

Bogey, par, a ripple of evening applause and it was mine. I'm still waiting for the R&A to send me my qualifying exemption but maybe they'll remember this year. :LOL:

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
The Masters. Coming from way back (5 or 6 of the lead), storming through the leaderboard on the back 9, on a Sunday. Either that or holing out for Eagle on the 18th to win by 1!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think i'd go for the Open, winning at Carnoustie. Victory by 2 or 3 shots going away from the field on the back 9. So enough of a margin to enjoy walking up the 18th knowing victory was likely.

After that the US Open at Olympic.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Open, St Andrews, battling Tiger in his pomp down the stretch and holing a putt from the Valley of Sin to win it....

D

Deleted member 23344

I’d be happy to win a roll up at my club! Never won a golf competition in my life.