• Masters

• US PGA

• US Open

• The Open

Results are only viewable after voting.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I know its been asked, just wonder if opinions change... and a bit of day dreaming...

Once you've picked, let me know how youd want to win... by ten shots running away, in a play off, by holing a 4 footer in gale force sleet etc etc

I'd want the Open, in perfect summer conditions like 2005 Hoylake, by a couple shots with 18 GIR. As an amatuer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone would do mate. What are you offering? :LOL:

I've voted Masters - for all it's pomposity I still think it's quite fun, with the whole green jacket ceremony and all that.

D

Deleted member 3432

The Open at St Andrews, playing the back 9 in 27. Winning by 1 from DeChambeau who hits his 7 iron tee shot OOB into the R&A Clubhouse landing in the Secretary's bowl of soup.

Follow up by winning Club Champs the following week and decline invitation to Masters.

D

Deleted member 25172

The Open, having to hole an 8-footer for the win on the 18th, with everyone in the stands on their feet.

I might be strange in that way, but it's like winning in football or any other sport. If it's decided way before the season/tournament has come to an end, for me, it loses that factor of pure ecstasy where you for 10-20 seconds dive into sort of a parallel universe screaming and jumping for joy with excitement that you simply cannot control.

That is one of the things that I've been thinking about regarding people who don't like or care about sport. They may love their theatre or whatever it might be, but I don't see where they would get those emotions where the world around just disappears, only if for a few seconds.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Heart says Open, head says Masters cos you’d get an invite back even when you’re 107 and can’t stand up let alone swing a club. Which would be good to look forward to every winter.

I voted the Open. It’s not a practical question ?

D

Deleted member 15344

The biggest major of the year - The Open , the one that started it all , even better if at St Andrews

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The Masters for me

Id like to win the "closest fought major of all time", lets say its me, Rory, Bryson and DJ just moving up and down the board all day switching places.

Why?

1. Green Jacket swag
2. I get to pick the winners dinner meal.... Fish & Chips with Chip shop curry/ donner kebabs for the boys!
3. I can go back every year till death!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Open, having to hole an 8-footer for the win on the 18th, with everyone in the stands on their feet.

I might be strange in that way, but it's like winning in football or any other sport. If it's decided way before the season/tournament has come to an end, for me, it loses that factor of pure ecstasy where you for 10-20 seconds dive into sort of a parallel universe screaming and jumping for joy with excitement that you simply cannot control.

That is one of the things that I've been thinking about regarding people who don't like or care about sport. They may love their theatre or whatever it might be, but I don't see where they would get those emotions where the world around just disappears, only if for a few seconds.
Agreed on the way of winning it. Sinking that putt would be such a release of tension, would be a great feeling. As you've likened it to football - the Aguerooo moment. :LOL: Those are the ones that are memorable.

D

Deleted member 25172

Agreed on the way of winning it. Sinking that putt would be such a release of tension, would be a great feeling. As you've likened it to football - the Aguerooo moment. :LOL: Those are the ones that are memorable.

Exactly. I'm not much for letting it sink in enjoyment really. I want a pure explosion! Like when my Swedish football team won the title in 2009.

Playing away against one of our most longstanding worst rivals (IFK Gothenburg) in the last round. We're 1 point clear of them, so it's all down to this last game. Down 1-0 at half time and I thought that the sun was never gonna go up again. Equalized 10 minutes into the second half to be in the winning position again, but still nail biting as ever. In the 85th minute, our captain who've played 14 years in the club scores 2-1. Goodness me, my pulse is racing and I get goosebumps thinking about it to this day. The easiest 5 hour car journey back to Stockholm I've ever had. :)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Exactly. I'm not much for letting it sink in enjoyment really. I want a pure explosion! Like when my Swedish football team won the title in 2009.

Playing away against one of our most longstanding worst rivals (IFK Gothenburg) in the last round. We're 1 point clear of them, so it's all down to this last game. Down 1-0 at half time and I thought that the sun was never gonna go up again. Equalized 10 minutes into the second half to be in the winning position again, but still nail biting as ever. In the 85th minute, our captain who've played 14 years in the club scores 2-1. Goodness me, my pulse is racing and I get goosebumps thinking about it to this day. The easiest 5 hour car journey back to Stockholm I've ever had. :)

Last minute winners at a live football match will get me through a week feeling great!

Any dropped points in the last few minutes and the drive home gets 100x longer :ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was going to vote for the Masters because once you win it you can play in it for the rest of your life no matter how bad your golf is then I remembered how old I am and all the others give a 10 year exemption any anyway.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went The Masters. There is lots about it I don't like but across the world I think it is the one that would open most doors for you, holds the most prestige. Being able to go back and lord it forever more sounds quite good fun as well.

How? The idea of a winning putt under immense pressure sounds great but I suspect I'd be a jibbering wreck in those circumstances. Ah, what the heck, winning with a putt on the last to beat my pp of the day who had already holed out and was hoping I'd miss for a play off. A Kaymer / Ryder Cup style putt will do nicely.