What length is your driver? Have you changed it from the standard club length?

What length is your driver?

• Standard - Off the shelf length!

• Shorter - Custom length!

• Longer - Custom length!

• No idea - I just wallop it!

• I don’t use a driver.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You might need to try it more than once Tashyboy - my first couple of outings with it were average at best and I played about with the loft on it as well. Like anything it can take time to fettle.
It got to the stage where I had lost the will to live. 9 points on the front nine.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a G30 with 0.5” taken off. I recently bought a G425 and again with 0.5” taken off. The G425 goes further than my Old G30, but what made the biggest difference was the G425 had a flatter lie settings. I am much more consistent both in dispersion and distance. I have always thought the toe of my driver was sitting too high and I think this appears to prove it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What weight was the fairway wood shaft? Often heavier than driver shaft.
Off the top of my head not sure, but I think it’s identical to the driver shaft re weight and flex. The driver felt to short and 3 wood miles to long.

Boomy

Visit site
Just been up to the range to test the new 43.75” evenflow riptide 6.0 shaft in the driver ? Played about with loft settings but seem to get the best out of it set at -0.6 degs (10.5 playing as 9.9) Felt great, went well and very happy after early testing. On the trackman on Thursday will see if I can get some proper data.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just been up to the range to test the new 43.75” evenflow riptide 6.0 shaft in the driver ? Played about with loft settings but seem to get the best out of it set at -0.6 degs (10.5 playing as 9.9) Felt great, went well and very happy after early testing. On the trackman on Thursday will see if I can get some proper data.

What do you think of the shaft, and what’s your club speed and tempo if you don’t mind me asking. Been browsing eBay for shafts and seen a few of these.

gopher99

Visit site
What do you think of the shaft, and what’s your club speed and tempo if you don’t mind me asking. Been browsing eBay for shafts and seen a few of these.

Jumping on this thread, I have riptide 6.0 70 gram shaft in my stealth. My swing speed is an easy 100mph with a lazy swing. Very good shaft for a smooth tempo swing.

Boomy

Visit site

No probs at all ? The shaft feels great, really pleased with the mid flight on it as well - the Alta CB used to kick the flight up, the riptide has a really nice arc to it, penetrating and I’m hoping good roll out (I’ll be out on course testing it on Friday, and am hoping to get it on the trackman tomorrow night) My swing speed is around 103-105 with a smooth swing tempo. I bought it from progolfproductsltd Project x evenflow riptide 6.0 50g shaft, £99, custom built to the measurements I requested, and a midsize grip with 2 layers (including postage via DHL)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Jumping on this thread, I have riptide 6.0 70 gram shaft in my stealth. My swing speed is an easy 100mph with a lazy swing. Very good shaft for a smooth tempo swing.

No probs at all ? The shaft feels great, really pleased with the mid flight on it as well - the Alta CB used to kick the flight up, the riptide has a really nice arc to it, penetrating and I’m hoping good roll out (I’ll be out on course testing it on Friday, and am hoping to get it on the trackman tomorrow night) My swing speed is around 103-105 with a smooth swing tempo. I bought it from progolfproductsltd Project x evenflow riptide 6.0 50g shaft, £99, custom built to the measurements I requested, and a midsize grip with 2 layers (including postage via DHL)

Thanks both. I feel like the lighter one would suit me more. Been playing a White Tie for years. My ss is around 100 and I’m not strong enough to have anything other than a smooth tempo. Before that had Diamana blue for a while and always felt is was a little too heavy for me to get the most out of.

Boomy

Visit site
I have 12 drivers ranging from 43" to 46".
I have found that I can use them all, because I am adjustable.

Bit of a pointless end to that comment in my opinion - I could likely use them all ?!! But unlikely to get the best out of them. Using something is one thing, using it to its full potential is another.

RichA

Visit site
Not sure what length my driver is, but always find it plays straighter if I choke down about 1 - 1.5 inches. This in turn makes me feel more confident with it.
At the moment, I get decent distance but more control choking down so far that my right index finger is actually off the bottom of the grip. I'm swinging it more like my irons than like I should swing a driver.
I'm toying with the idea of buying a cheap senior flex shaft with a TM adapter and cutting it down to about 42".

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Bit of a pointless end to that comment in my opinion - I could likely use them all ?!! But unlikely to get the best out of them. Using something is one thing, using it to its full potential is another.
But if you use any one of them as best as you possibly can, then you can not get anything more out of it.
Someone else might get something more out of it, but that would be the same for any club.

D

Deleted member 1147

But if you use any one of them as best as you possibly can, then you can not get anything more out of it.
Someone else might get something more out of it, but that would be the same for any club.
Getting the most out of the club is different from getting the best out of yourself. Which is the point of custom fitting, and the question about differing length of shafts.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
So then, any changes or improvements made to one's swing results in your driver being wrong for you in some way, if it was custom fitted.
After a custom fitting for a driver, you must make no changes or improvements to your swing.
Is that correct?
My swing varies a lot depending on how stiff the ageing joints are on that day.

Boomy

Visit site
So then, any changes or improvements made to one's swing results in your driver being wrong for you in some way, if it was custom fitted.
After a custom fitting for a driver, you must make no changes or improvements to your swing.
Is that correct?
My swing varies a lot depending on how stiff the ageing joints are on that day.

What a wordy load of unnecessary nonsense and another pointless comment, albeit a pointless question on this occasion.

There are lots of examples and explanations in the thread, read back through it and you’ll maybe find some answers (if you’re actually looking for genuine answers)

Voyager EMH

Visit site
My thinking is nonsense and my comments are unnecessary and pointless.
I'll give this custom fitting thing some more thought.
Please forgive me.