• Landing a Par 3 tee shot inches from the pin

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Executing the perfect greenside bunker shot

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Anything that goes where I intended it to.

That one. Especially on a shot that is a bit tricky and you put some planning into it ... shape, where you want to land it exactly etc. ... which for me is more an excercise of the mind, to be honest, I am not good enough to really expect to have that much control over the ball. But once in a while, maybe just by dumb luck, the little white rascal does exactly what I intended. It does not matter if that is a drive that landed on the right side of the fairway, a delicate pitch or chip or an iron shot that actually drew when it had to ... they all feel fantastic.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My vote was for the perfect greenside bunker shot - but in truth that is my #2.

My absolutest #1 favourite shot is when I have missed the fairway and have trees between me and the green that I cannot go over.

I have two choices. The sensible 'good course management' shot pitching out onto the fairway - but that's no fun and a bit depressing. My alternative is to hit a very low punched 3 iron under the tree branches - and between the trees if necessary. I love seeing a really low clean hit 3 iron whizzing away clear of the trees to the fairway and on it's way towards the green. So much more enjoyment than a 'boring' pitch out.

It's also a cracking shot to have up your sleeve in a match when your opponent thinks you are in trouble and going to have to come out sideways - and all of a sudden your ball is close to or on the green :)
Or you hit a tree and it goes 20 yards behind you. :lol:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
PW or 9 iron into a green when it goes miles into the air and drops satisfyingly on the green, ideally near the pin and stops close to where it lands.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't beat rolling in a long putt for me. As much as I enjoy booming a nice drive down the middle, it's the putts that make your score, so always nice to roll either a long one, or one that matters in.