What is a troll?

D

Deleted member 31467

Absolute nonsense. If I like a post that disagrees with L.Phil (since you used him as your example) it's because I also thought he was talking cobblers but somebody beat me to it and said what I would have said! Nothing to do with who it is. I will like a post by anybody if I happen to agree with it.
I wasn't talking about you specifically, I'm referring to certain cliques of posters that always seem to gang up on some individuals.

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
I wasn't talking about you specifically, I'm referring to certain cliques of posters that always seem to gang up on some individuals.
Yes I agree that happens , although there appear to have been a few flouncers in recent times.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe not but you were generalising somewhat. People will always 'like' posts when it's by one of their pals and against someone they don't get on with - but that's not really trolling in my book. It's just a quick way of saying you agree with the sentiment, without having to add another post.

If someone calls me an idiot but nobody likes it I'll probably ignore them. If someone calls me an idiot and it has 20 likes, then I'll entertain the possibility that I might have been an idiot on that occasion. :ROFLMAO:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I totally agree with you, but most of those that “ gang up “ are in a little private WhatsApp group and they troll 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Interesting thread now

In regards what a troll is - someone was kind enough to put a post up that showed a perfect example of a troll

With the like function - it was a nice edition to the forum and I’ll use it when someone posts something that I agree with or like

But you can see some treads with it and you can have a little bets on who would like who’s post etc

What I have seen on another forum is when you like a post you can add a little reason

D

Deleted member 31467

I totally agree with you, but most of those that “ gang up “ are in a little private WhatsApp group and they troll 👍
I've seen several little gangs liking each others posts so I guess there must be a few whatsapp groups then :unsure:

D

Deleted member 15344

Is it like the R&A where you have to be invited to join and have loads of seconders or can I apply to join it? :D

Most of the what’s app groups I’m a member of are - swindle groups , family and a bunch of mates who play golf together at times.

Couple of have also helped raise a bit of money - one of them each year puts in around £150 to sponser a tee 👏

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Maybe not but you were generalising somewhat. People will always 'like' posts when it's by one of their pals and against someone they don't get on with - but that's not really trolling in my book. It's just a quick way of saying you agree with the sentiment, without having to add another post.

If someone calls me an idiot but nobody likes it I'll probably ignore them. If someone calls me an idiot and it has 20 likes, then I'll entertain the possibility that I might have been an idiot on that occasion. :ROFLMAO:
Testing the theory

@Orikoru you are an idiot 🤭👍