What has ruined your game ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It sounds as if your swing is a touch out to in and the clubface is inconsistent at impact.
That would suggest a conflict in your grip.
When your left hand dominates, you hit the pull (face square to the swing path) and when your right hand dominates, you hit the slice (face open)

You have a choice
1. Aim right, strengthen your right hand and force the pull, which because of you aiming right, will go straight.
2. Weaken your left hand back, aim left and groove the fade.
Try both and see which works best.
I would guess 2.
Yeah, number 2 is going to feel more comfortable and familiar, as when I was driving well a couple of years ago that's basically what I was doing. Cheers Bob.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Buying a set of Mizuno MP-32s as a reward for getting my handicap down from 14 to 7 in a season.

6 months later i was back in double figures.

Dumped the Mp32's, went back to the Maxfli A10's and was soon back in single figures.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Buying a set of Mizuno MP-32s as a reward for getting my handicap down from 14 to 7 in a season.

6 months later i was back in double figures.

Dumped the Mp32's, went back to the Maxfli A10's and was soon back in single figures.

But when it comes to looks there's no contest.

Surely it's worth having a slightly higher handicap if it means that you can gaze at some beautiful irons in your bag and enjoy hitting them?

The handicap rise could just have been a natural blip as you adjusted to it.

(Don't bother replying to this, as usual I'm not being serious)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
But when it comes to looks there's no contest.

Surely it's worth having a slightly higher handicap if it means that you can gaze at some beautiful irons in your bag and enjoy hitting them?

The handicap rise could just have been a natural blip as you adjusted to it.

(Don't bother replying to this, as usual I'm not being serious)
I will reply, simply because the A10's were not unattractive irons themselves.