What GPS watch should I buy?

S

Snelly

Hi,

Looking on eBay at a GPS golf watch. I don't want a subscription or to have to do anything to keep it current. I want one of the ones where you don't have to do anything but charge it as it picks up where you are via GPS.

Which is the best one? Garmin S1?

Thanks for your advice.

S

Snelly

Never mind - just searched Garmin S1 on the forum and it gave me the info I need.

Thread can be deleted.

Ta.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
you found the many threads snelly, but for basic function the S1 is perfect and most likely a bargain these days.

S

Snelly

I would have thought you would use an Ordinance survey map Snelly! :lol:

All the time when hiking! Although I also use an App called View Ranger too which is excellent.

Just found myself asking for a few yardages at the Berkshire yesterday so thought a watch might work.

I have got an Old Sky Caddie 2.5 but I can never be bothered to either charge it or more importantly, download all the different course maps I need. Plus the subscription niggled me and I would not pay it again, even if I could find the device at home! No idea where it is to be honest. :)

Watch with no need to prime it with a course map and no subscription that just gave me the yardage to the middle of the green would be a better option.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree Snelly, Skycaddie subscription was a no no for me. Personally I prefer a laser as I can blip whatever I want and every yardage is precise.