What fairway woods

Gytski

Visit site
Hi, ive been playing several tears but only play a dozen or so rounds a year due to work and stuff. Looking at going into using fairway wood but not sure what to get for high handicapper. Not looking at brand new looking at second hand. Any advice as to best would be appreciated.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It all comes down to budget and you can get some really good fairways for not a lot of cash.
Ping, Callaway and TaylorMade are good starting points.
You can pay anything from 50 quid to 200+ depending on what you get.
Look at Golfbidder to get an idea of prices and then try American Golf shops - they often have 2nd hand gear that you can try.
Your local Pro may also have some.
Maybe look for a 5 wood first..enough loft to get the ball up but you'll still get decent distance.
3 woods of 15° can be hard to launch..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Cobra F9 is superb. I could never really hit fairway woods before, but this one makes it easy. The rails on the sole really do help if you hit one slightly fat.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi, ive been playing several tears but only play a dozen or so rounds a year due to work and stuff. Looking at going into using fairway wood but not sure what to get for high handicapper. Not looking at brand new looking at second hand. Any advice as to best would be appreciated.

Know the feeling - shedding a few myself these days - playing so rubbish as I am....;)