What does your handicap say about you?

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
According to something I saw on golf digest the average handicap for men is 14. The average for women is 26.

So, what is your handicap and what do you think it makes you (good, bad, average etc). Also do you think your handicap reflects your ability? If not where do you realistically feel you should be?

My handicap of 11 says I am average in my opinion however I would consider myself good but inconsistent. Would like to see myself at single figures this season and if I improve my consistency I would hope to be pushing towards category 1.

D

Deleted member 15344

I play off 5 and I believe I'm a very good club amateur golfer

Believe my ability can get me a couple shots lower down to 3 possibly

Thexindi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
According to something I saw on golf digest the average handicap for men is 14. The average for women is 26.

So, what is your handicap and what do you think it makes you (good, bad, average etc). Also do you think your handicap reflects your ability? If not where do you realistically feel you should be?

My handicap of 11 says I am average in my opinion however I would consider myself good but inconsistent. Would like to see myself at single figures this season and if I improve my consistency I would hope to be pushing towards category 1.

9 for me right now, slow progress now though

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I cheat better than most. To be honest, it is what it is but I'm no different a golfer than the next man irrespective of handicap. Just out for a laugh, and to enjoy the rare good shot.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In my mind: I'm a pillar of the golfing community, all round sterling chap, dashing, daring and swashbuckling hero to all and in line for the Minister of Golf position created during the cabinet re-shuffle

In reality: I've spent too much of my life whacking a little white ball around well manicured fields but have learnt a few skills along the way - it's probably a fair representation of that journey and the time I currently have to put into it

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Says im off 7.5 and this time last year i was 6.4 :angry:............................................... you tell me what it says ha :mad:

It says on my day i can be decent enough at this game but must try harder if i wana be classed as good !

D

Deleted member 1147

That I played a few good rounds a couple of years ago - and have been struggling ever since!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm off 22. I'm embarassed saying it as I know good golfers look down on anyone above 18. 18 makes you respectable, below 15 makes you a good golfer. Single figures makes you a very good golfer.

I'm not a hacker, which I suspect many good golfers think you are when you are over 20, just inconsistent and not able to spend hours practising and improving. I suppose to answer the question I would say inconsistent, but also mutters frustrated.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
12 currently and on my day I'm awesome.

I would guess my next 'day' may be sometime around July 17th 2019 as my last was 4th March 2007 and I'm on quite a roll at the moment.

Scazza

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently playing off 7.

I'd consider myself a 'decent' amateur golfer but the fact that I do not practice or play enough means that I will just stay a 'decent' amateur golfer. I have it in me to be playing off low single figures but I tend to always have that double/triple bogey causing shot in my locker :(

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm off 22. I'm embarassed saying it as I know good golfers look down on anyone above 18. 18 makes you respectable, below 15 makes you a good golfer. Single figures makes you a very good golfer.

I'm not a hacker, which I suspect many good golfers think you are when you are over 20, just inconsistent and not able to spend hours practising and improving. I suppose to answer the question I would say inconsistent, but also mutters frustrated.

Off 28, though not an "official HC" as I don't have a membership.

I would say I have the potential to get to a good standard as when I catch them right they go perfectly, just lacking that consistency.

I am never ashamed of my HC/scores/points as I am a newbie & enjoy playing without the pressure.

(When a hobby becomes a task, it becomes a chore!)