What Do You Love Most About Being on a Golf Course?

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally I like spending time with friends and enjoying some friendly banter.
I love the just getting outside and it always seems peaceful on a golf course.
It makes me forget any problems that I might have.

What does it for you on the golf course, besides the game?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Parmo, you definately need to find some playing partners of the right type if your dream 4 ball is you and 3 rabbits.

You may have a point there lol, I do intend to join my home course and play comps, I just want to get a little more consistant in my golfing and build some confidence and I will start the comps..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If I'm on my own its the quality thinking time - ideal for clearing the mind and making decisions on life.

If not it's the banter if I'm with mates that is paramount. If its a competition its the friendly rivalry and the desire to do well

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The fresh air, the views, the banter if with others or the peace and quiet if on my own. Also gets my competitive juices flowing whether I am playing against others or against the course. Basically 18 holes on a Saturday morning and all of the stress and crap from the previous weeks work is gone. Even my wife appreciates the fact that by Saturday lunchtime I am more relaxed and able to enjoy the rest of the weekend.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
For me, i love a winters morning when its quite chilly and the sun beats down on the back of ya neck and legs, nice blue sky, fresh air, peace and quiet. And i just love the fact i am not sitting at home wasting my days off, the laughs and the banter, and last but not least beating the father in law, mwah haha

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to look at a round of golf as like a guy climbing a mountain. He has his equipment and I have my clubs. He uses whatever it takes him to get to the top and I use whatever it takes me to get around in as few shot as possible. I think its slightly the same.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The most enjoyment about golf for me is whenever I've played well and have taken the 5er's of the rest of the guys.

Plus getting my handicap down to as low as I can.

def

Medal Winner
Visit site
Re: What Do You Love Most About Being on a Golf Course?

all of the above,i think we all get a bit of everything from our great game.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site

I love the exercise, I couldnt bare walking 4-5 miles on a saturday without clubs in my hand, it seems worthless otherwise.
The fact that its you against your golf game! haha, taking on both your physical side and the course itself, I can think a great game, my fookin body wont listen.

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site

the fact it is outdoors add good company along with the fact your in charge of what score you can get and you've got the perfect recipe for 4 hours of 'good to be alive' time.perfick. :)

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

freedom and fresh air , a good walk trying to beat your last round

julsk10

Head Pro
Visit site

Knowing that you are playing golf when everyone else is working, the best thing about being a teacher - playing 18 at 8.30 during the week in 3 hrs