what a stinker

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
played today [well i was on the course with clubs]and had a most stinky horrible round . my short game has totally deserted me and its really starting to tick me off. i have been to the range and practising but its just not happening on the course. five short holes and i was 17 [seventeen] over par for them all.
absolute rubbish golf totalled a very poor 98 when i should be low to middle 80`s.
looks like the range is going to get a few more hours of my company.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Been there, actually I am there and it is no consolation at all saying " I feel your pain Tash".

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm someone who has struggled to take practice form to the course so I know the frustration. The short game is an area I've worked really hard at this year and it is showing improvement. I do still bad days but using the method I do has given me a lot more confidence. I don't find the range the best place to work on the short game as the club can slide on the mat and mask bad strikes

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
'I don't find the range the best place to work on the short game as the club can slide on the mat and mask bad strikes'

That's why I do most of my short game practice on our superb practice area that is all grass.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I see so many of these threads and in general, not this specific one, but why do amateurs seems so surprised when we play badly? isn't it a given many times? I watch every week so many people get annoyed playing bad shots. I know its human nature but why not be as surprised when you play good shots?

I think we all expect too much of ourselves and our expectations are beyond our ability more often than not. Just food for thought