What a difference changing shaft makes.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love my R11s and not had a driver I loved so much since I had an TM R540 XDTP. But one thing that was bugging me was the stock RIP shaft, it just did not feel right. Well first time I have had the stock shaft in my driver for many years so I started thinking, which shaft did I like the most from what I have had in the past? I came up with a simple answer.........Aldila NV-85s.

So armed with a bank card and an E-bay login I got to it. Straight away I found the perfect shaft for me, Aldila NV-85s, best thing is it is out of an RBZ so had the adaptor fitted and it is in pearlescant pink :thup:.

Now I am armed with a bright pink shafted R11s and some range tokens, so time to see the difference. Set it up to what I thought it needed to be at and I got lucky. The ball just smashed off the driver past where I would normally hit it to. So had some more on the range and the results are pretty much the same.

Now for the course. Oh my god, this is something special. My driver has now lost the high pitched cracking noise and now has a nice solid thump. I can now feel the ball when I strike also. It is going straighter and longer with ease. The heavier shaft has really made a difference. I hit one to the left and I knew that swing...:rolleyes: pull draw into the rubbish. No it just pulled so even the bad hits are under more control.

All in all I am so glad I changed the shaft as on a bad I think the ball will still be going better than it did with the stock shaft.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stock TM shafts are notoriously poor. They are almost always inferior branded versions of an otherwise decent and cool shaft. The Alidla RIP shafts are not for everyone, but they are good shafts if properly fitted. The TM version though, is, what is that technical term ...... crap.

NV85-S is a strong shaft but certainly not for everyone in the driver.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm actually looking into a re-shaft on my driver, taking it from reg to stiff.

I've got my eye on the Aldila En Fuego Wasabi but I'm going to see what a fitter says first!

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
i changed my 4 wood shaft to the nv 65 s and like it, just waiting on the postman bringing me another and will put in the driver. in the 4 wood i can feel where the head is during my swing

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Interested to hear that the strike sounds different with the different shaft. I'm not a techie sort of person so can anyone explain why it would be different with the same clubhead hitting the ball?