What a day

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
That's the real bummer of the day. Only got to sample 5 holes. They knew damn well that it was going to be enough of a taster to make me need to go back and finish it off.Bearwood is now sitting atop my playlist.

You most probably played the best run of 5 holes on the course. That's not to say the other 13 are bad, just that 10-14 are the "Amen Corner" of the course in my mind. 10 is a cracking par 4. Did you remember the narrow hazard in front of the green I mentioned? 11 is a superb par 5, you really have to think about your approach shot, and only the very best drive will give you a chance to attack the green in two. 12th (downhill par 3) is most probably my favourite hole on the course. With all those pine trees acting as a backdrop to the green I am instantly transported up to Scotland, playing Blairgowrie or Alyth. Golfing heaven. 13 is a toughie, tendency here is to come up short with your second shot. It plays slightly longer than you first imagine. And 14 is one of the best par 3's you will play anywhere. Anthing right of the pin stands a chance of spinning back down the slope, off the green and into the glug! Birdie and par have been my two scores on there so far, so it's not been unkind to me. A good smack with a 6 iron on Sunday saw me come up just short of the green but luckily my first putt was a good one so I ended up with a "gimme"...
Hopefully you'll get the chance to play the whole course one day.....I'll have a word with my bestest "Bearwood Lakes member" mate.
;) ;) ;)

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice one Imurg. I'm glad the day went well and your knee held up etc. As can be expected I am dead jealous, but nonetheless happy a forumer won the prize.

D

Deleted member 1147

Well done Imurg, must be a good feeling being a better driver than a tour pro?
BTW: was DI Stewart there by any chance?
:cool:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not sure if she was there or not.....................
Not bragging but on Monday there wasn't a lot that DH was better at on the course than me!!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just seen you on Skysports coverage- Howell complimented your game so who can moan. I'm loving your interview "well I got my first drive on the first so I'm happy" or something like that!