Weymouth Golf

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
If only for the front nine and the 18th holes

I really don’t like the 18th on the needles, the island green, its just out of place. The becton/stroller 18 is a good test.

On some of those cliff top holes, if you squint, you could be at pebble beach :)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really don’t like the 18th on the needles, the island green, its just out of place. The becton/stroller 18 is a good test.

On some of those cliff top holes, if you squint, you could be at pebble beach :)

A lot of folks say that about the 18th. As for Pebble Beach, you must have some imagination. :)

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Given you will be in Weymouth, there really is only one answer and that's Came Down, particularly at that time of year. I've lived in Poole for 25 years, I play it every year and I love it. The views are spectacular, the greens superb, variations in elevation. The food and the welcome in the clubhouse excellent. It's not expensive. Sure, there are some other fabulous courses, but traffic in summer to get back to Bournemouth will make it a trek - I reckon Barton would take you 90 mins. I played The Dorset last Friday - it's an excellent course (used to be a member) and although it has taken a battering this winter it will recover well. That's the next good one eastbound from Weymouth. Bridport is pretty to the west, but I'd take Came Down.

Wareham is bombers alley on front 6 as somebody said (one shout of fore and 30 people duck), Isle of Purbeck whilst best views anywhere is hit and miss condition wise, and my track at Dudsbury will be in awesome nick given how well the greens have weathered the winter.

Happy to give a view on others if you want!