Westerwood Golf Course

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep I would expect people to give an honest opinion and have no idea why KenL would expect people to lie in order for a club to take you cash just for the sake of it, not sporting is it ?

Where did I say that I expected people to lie?
The use of words like sh*** hole and turd are not called for.

Some people have not even played there for years.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Fair play but if they take the time to reply then they must have had some experience of the course and put forward their review which must carry some weight as to the course condition. They have all pretty much made the same comments.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

i tell you what, you go and play it and come back and review it??

Ive played it twice both times in dry spells, both times the course was in a shocking state, greens poor covered in weeds, fairways, were about the same a my clubs rough. Boggy and poorly looked after.

I would not pay to play there again, in fact i doubt i would even play if it were free.

Its quite evident the owners don't really care about the course and the barest minimum maintenance is carried out on it. i real shame as it has some nice holes

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played here today using a voucher I got for Christmas.

Nice roll and excellent customer service.

Course was in much better nick than would be suggested by some comments on here.

First green was in very poor condition but thereafter were pretty average. Fairways were cut well.

Quite a long walk in places, but a decent layout overall.

Some really interesting holes, including a really pretty par 3 towards the end.

Got through 3 groups and got round in 3.5 hours which was not bad for a bank holiday.
Voucher was £29 for 2 people with breakfast included- well worth it at that price. Would return at that rate IF it was dry.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Played here today using a voucher I got for Christmas.

Nice roll and excellent customer service.

Course was in much better nick than would be suggested by some comments on here.

First green was in very poor condition but thereafter were pretty average. Fairways were cut well.

Quite a long walk in places, but a decent layout overall.

Some really interesting holes, including a really pretty par 3 towards the end.

Got through 3 groups and got round in 3.5 hours which was not bad for a bank holiday.
Voucher was £29 for 2 people with breakfast included- well worth it at that price. Would return at that rate IF it was dry.

Thats not bad.

I'd say this could be a decent day out in the right weather and you got a buggy. But any time I've played it, it has been a long slog with some conditioning issues.

There are some decent modern holes and it may well become a decent pay and play course if they keep it in better nick.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I guess it's not that bad after all!
Sounds like a great deal, especially for those who are not members elsewhere.
so pretty poor and average sound not bad to you?

and £30 with breakfast might sound a good deal, from personal experience i wouldn't bother going back even if it was free.

casting aspersions on those that have played it is a bit of a cheek TBH, as i said before get and play it yourself then you can pass comment.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
so pretty poor and average sound not bad to you?

and £30 with breakfast might sound a good deal, from personal experience i wouldn't bother going back even if it was free.

casting aspersions on those that have played it is a bit of a cheek TBH, as i said before get and play it yourself then you can pass comment.

Spoke to a few guys who played it lately and they didn’t rate it.