Westerwood Golf Course

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has anyone played it lately ?

I see they have a Gents 2 man team Open on Saturday and just looking to see if it's worth entering.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Played there a few years ago in the rain it was horrible the staff were great though, I was very new to the game and wore jeans and I was provided with full waterproofs (Galvin's) so I could play, I agree with pat it wasn't the best of conditions, my friends dad plays there now and again and has no issues with the course

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wouldn't go near it if I were you. Surprised you're even giving it any serious thought.

Was just a thought as it's a Stableford at oor place this weekend :whoo:

Been a while from I last played it and always liked the layout but condition was always poor so I guess it's not changed any. Ah well The PGA it is then

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was just a thought as it's a Stableford at oor place this weekend :whoo:

Been a while from I last played it and always liked the layout but condition was always poor so I guess it's not changed any. Ah well The PGA it is then

All those who can't get better out playing then :rofl:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wish people were a bit kinder about some courses on here.

I've never played Westerwood but the pair's open can only be good fun and no doubt it is a cheap day out.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
why, its a hotel course?

been twice 3 years apart and both times, in shocking state. The hotel could care less it would seem.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wish people were a bit kinder about some courses on here.

I've never played Westerwood but the pair's open can only be good fun and no doubt it is a cheap day out.

Kinder? You either want an accurate opinion or you don't. Westerwood isn't great although it's not the worst out there, nothing changes that.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After taking advice from you guys and past experience of the course I have decided to give it a wide berth.

Case in point. People on here mouth off and a club loses money. Whether it's a hotel course or not people's income still depends on customers going there.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Case in point. People on here mouth off and a club loses money. Whether it's a hotel course or not people's income still depends on customers going there.

It could be a great course if they took care of it, MAYBE then, they would get some decent reviews.
It's never been in good nick the 3 times i've played it , granted the last was 3 years ago.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

You can't polish a turd. The reviews and opinions stated are accurate.

Yes its a nice layout, it has more than a few good golf holes but its an absolute quagmire. Never played it in anything resembling half decent condition. Its quite simply a cash cow.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are there any parkland courses in the west of Scotland that are not a quagmire for 6 months of the year?

Granted not a lot , but from May to October most courses try their best to be in top notch condition .
Westerwood IMHO seemed only to do the bear minimum.

When asked an opinion about any course, surely we have a duty to give an honest one.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Granted not a lot , but from May to October most courses try their best to be in top notch condition .
Westerwood IMHO seemed only to do the bear minimum.

When asked an opinion about any course, surely we have a duty to give an honest one.

Yep I would expect people to give an honest opinion and have no idea why KenL would expect people to lie in order for a club to take you cash just for the sake of it, not sporting is it ?