Western Super Mare

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Evening folks.

Looking for recommendations for courses in the area.

Doing a brief trip to Wales Llanelli and then back home via WSM.

The missus will be working the whole time so pretty settled on playing Machynys on the Saturday, had looked at Burnham and Berrow as the obvious choice but might nit get away with that one.....

Has anyone played the Channel course? Or recommend a pleasant course in the area.

D

Deleted member 15344

Weston Super Mare is pleasant , there is also Clevedon which is nice , Enmore is supposed to be good as well. If you don’t want to play Burnham then Weston itself would be the next choice

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Weston Super Mare is pleasant , there is also Clevedon which is nice , Enmore is supposed to be good as well. If you don’t want to play Burnham then Weston itself would be the next choice

It’s nit so much not wanting to play Burnham, more that I’ll be playing quite a few courses when I travel away with the missus and can only get away with totting up so much in green fees.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Burnham is a must play. Love everything about the place. The layout, conditioning, the welcome, the faciliies, the history. Just class.

The channel course is worthwhile too - real fun to play (not that it's not tricky!)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Burnham is a must play. Love everything about the place. The layout, conditioning, the welcome, the faciliies, the history. Just class.

The channel course is worthwhile too - real fun to play (not that it's not tricky!)

I’ve heard plenty of good things about Burnham. Think I’d rather play a decent course with a few pals. As I’m just killing time whilst hid works, I’ll likely try channel course.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I’ve heard plenty of good things about Burnham. Think I’d rather play a decent course with a few pals. As I’m just killing time whilst hid works, I’ll likely try channel course.
Channel course is worthwhile and if you enjoy practice then the grass range, chipping and putting greens is a good way to spend a couple of hours, as is taking in the views and the history from an alcove in the beautiful clubhouse!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Burnham is the obvious... if you play the 9 holer, you'll enjoy it and wish you'd played the Championship course...

But if you are in WSM, do not underrate the course there. Its no Burnham, but for the money it's well worth it... lacks the big dunes of Burnham, but there are plenty of decent holes and great greens

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
One often missed in Weston super Mud is https://www.worleburygc.co.uk/

Lovely course up overlooking the town with some great views. Thornbury near the M5 / M4 interchange is ideal if your not wanting to go to far out of your way https://www.thornburygc.co.uk/

This is my home course and whilst it is not the calibre of B&B I like it more that WsM GC and, yes the view across Severn Estuary from some of the Tees are stunning, certainly in weather like today. I could not show you around until Friday pm but happy to sign you in as guest for £17-50 (B&B Channel is £25 for 18 that I think is two rounds of 9 holes) and if you fancy it there is a roll up every morning at about 9am, or

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Ah bugger. I would have hosted you at Burnham but I can’t do that weekend. Apologies

No worries, appreciate the sentiment all the same.
This is my home course and whilst it is not the calibre of B&B I like it more that WsM GC and, yes the view across Severn Estuary from some of the Tees are stunning, certainly in weather like today. I could not show you around until Friday pm but happy to sign you in as guest for £17-50 (B&B Channel is £25 for 18 that I think is two rounds of 9 holes) and if you fancy it there is a roll up every morning at about 9am, or

Thanks for the offer,

I'll only be around sunday (14th) morning if you're about?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would choose Clevedon or Worlebury over Weston or moving slightly more South, Enmore (on the west side of Bridgewater)