West Sussex

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dropping my other half off in West Wittering next week and have 5 or so hours to kill, so I thought I would visit a golf course around there. I've looked at Chichester and also Selsey. Goodwood (Parks) isn't too far away as well.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Two courses at Chichester ... both are pleasant courses, although it’s been a while since I played them, with the Tower easier than the Cathedral. Not a lot to choose between them and the Park Course at Goodwood, so probably not worth the extra distance (although there’s probably not much in it). Also, with two courses at Chichester, there is probably more chance of getting on. Haven’t played Selsey. I’m abroad next week on holiday, otherwise I would have suggested joining you if you wanted a partner.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bognor is a solid course. Not sure how it drains but it’s enjoyable enough. Park course @ goodwood is better than the 2 Chichester courses imo but all of them are fairly enjoyable

D

Deleted Member 1156

Bognor Regis is good fun. 3 or 4 tough holes but lots of birdie chances as well.
Cowdray is supposed to be decent but I've not played it. Top course in the area is West Sussex if you want to treat yourself.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Isn't Littlehamton meant to be quite good? Every Summer I say I'll go down and play it, but I never get round to it.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Cowdray is a lovely course, and should be in great condition. Their fairways were the best I played on during last years dry summer. Some great views as well, and imagine it would not be that expensive ?

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would agree with Cowdray Park and West Sussex being good, but they are too far away from West Wittering to be able to travel both ways and play a round within 5 hours. Ditto Littlehampton, which I personally found a little disappointing last year.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Dropping my other half off in West Wittering next week and have 5 or so hours to kill, so I thought I would visit a golf course around there. I've looked at Chichester and also Selsey. Goodwood (Parks) isn't too far away as well.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Could be a tad nippy on the beach at West Wittering !!

I could get you on at Blackmoor after 13.00 if that was any good. We go to West Wittering a lot and it is about 30 minutes max from the club. Chris (AnotherDouble) would be very welcome as well. Green fee £30 from memory.

Just noticed course is clear up to 10.30 as well.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I could get you on at Blackmoor after 13.00 if that was any good. We go to West Wittering a lot and it is about 30 minutes max from the club. Chris (AnotherDouble) would be very welcome as well. Green fee £30 from memory.

That is very kind of you sir. If Mr Duck up for it then yes. Don’t want to accept your offer Rich until the Duck is sorted as I did make an offer

D

Deleted member 21258

I can do 11.30 at Bognor if you fancy it

Just noticed course is clear up to 10.30 as well.

Think this is the forum at its best, when threads like this appear and such offers are made, warms the cockles, top stuff:)