Wentworth - Visitors

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My God - that's a round about route for an 8mile journey - just tried Woking to Longcross by rail on Google maps and it suggested into Clapham Junction then back out to Longcross.

Is it not just part of the site that's been turned into 'Get the Surrey lifestyle' houses - Studio still appears active according to Internet? - though Google maps shows that the Millennium Flacon that they had parked there has gone.

I’ve delivered vehicles to The Longcross Track, the entrance to which is through the studios, very much alive & kicking,
you walk through the studios to get to the station, plenty of activity ?

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got the opportunity to play the West in late 2018 and remember driving up, parking and wandering in through the main entrance unchallenged - this may have changed though. The Clubhouse had millions spent on it by the Chinese owners, but personally i was unmoved by the renovations - relatively tasteful but more akin to a hotel experience than a clubhouse. The memorabilia is interesting, if you like that sort of thing, but certainly not worth a special visit to see IMO.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I got the opportunity to play the West in late 2018 and remember driving up, parking and wandering in through the main entrance unchallenged - this may have changed though. The Clubhouse had millions spent on it by the Chinese owners, but personally i was unmoved by the renovations - relatively tasteful but more akin to a hotel experience than a clubhouse. The memorabilia is interesting, if you like that sort of thing, but certainly not worth a special visit to see IMO.

I rather liked the old clubhouse decor, typical old golf rooms that you'd expect. Winners donated clubs on the wall etc and very much like Royal St George's, Sunningdale etc. No problem back then getting in the club car park and pro shop etc

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I played the West in 1998 and again about 5 yrs ago. I preferred the 1998 version and enjoyed the old main clubhouse lounge/bar. I didn't partake of refreshments after the 2015 round so can't make clubhouse comparisons.