Well, this is going to go one of two ways......................

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It's a good job I was looking on this as a practice round :eek:

Same here Rob, haven't felt well for over a week but played and was dreadful. I NR'd in the medal as I was really struggling to even walk the course feeling sick and very tired.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Similar situation for me on Saturday. First round in 6 months. Low expectations.
Leathered my first off the tee with a 3 wood. Had a 210 yard shot for my second into the green (it's a short par 5). Topped it, lost it. Finished with a 9.

Things .... can only get better .... can only get ... better. blah blah blah.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not last though Smiffy so not a bad effort. How did it feel to be out there again and more importantly did you find that grey jumper?

Didn't find the grey jumper in the end so went with black. But that came off after a few holes so I was resplendent in my pink "Forest Pines" shirt....
Guy I was playing with noticed the logo on it and inquired where the "Forest Pines Resort" was so I replied "It's a beautiful, tree lined course in Bermuda".......but then followed that up with "Ooops! Did I say Bermuda? I meant Lincolnshire".
Bearing in mind this was the only exercise I had had since September last year, I wasn't as tired towards the end of the round as I thought I would be. My game consisted of a few moments of pure brilliance interspersed with larger moments of complete dump.
Putting was very hit and miss, iron play was "okay" after the first few holes, chipping was okay, driving was wayward to say the least. Course was playing very long off the whites as it is still very damp in places with very little run on the ball, so it was tough going. My fairway woods were abysmal, so after a few red face moments with those I reverted back to my 4 iron, which I was striking really well.
I'm glad I went out, I needed to shake the cobwebs off. It was a glorious day for golf, but whether I've got my mojo back remains to be seen. I'm still preferring fishing at the moment.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Cancelled my proposed knock out match on Tuesday. Really not feeling the love anymore. Thought long and hard about it, decided that fishing is more important to me nowadays.
Membership definitely not going to be renewed this year. I won't sell my clubs as I still enjoy the craic every now and then, but I'm done with golf on a regular basis now.

D

Deleted member 18588

Cancelled my proposed knock out match on Tuesday. Really not feeling the love anymore. Thought long and hard about it, decided that fishing is more important to me nowadays.
Membership definitely not going to be renewed this year. I won't sell my clubs as I still enjoy the craic every now and then, but I'm done with golf on a regular basis now.

Thanks for posting this as an it has helped me realise that it happens.

After a 45 year "love affair" with the game I awoke early this morning to realise that I just don't have the desire to get the clubs out and go to play.

I have known this for a while now but have kept telling myself that I would soon regain the buzz. But I was wrong and now accept that a trial separation is necessary although at my age now it's hard to envisage a rekindling.

Thanks Golf for all the fun and friendships and even some of the frustrations but I am afraid that it's just not for me any longer.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Wise decision, a mutual divorce in favour of another love.