Weight loss.

flandango

Head Pro
Visit site
I need / want to lose a stone before April. Season starting and I also have a wedding to go to.

I'm ok at diets if I know what I am doing. To all you health freaks (if there are any) is there anything (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc) That would give my body all it needs and I can basically live on for 4 months?

I lost a stone in 5 weeks before when I was boxing but I am no longer doing this due to a kidney op.

I am running and stretching in the evenings to loosen up for the new seaon. BUT THIS WEIGHT MUST SHIFT.

I'm 13stone 5lbs and would like to get to 12st (fighting weight)

Any thoughts??? Mainly about a simple diet to follow.

DCB

Visit site
flandango,

Don't think there's anything out there as a miracle food to do what you're looking for. Obvious alterations to exisitng diet would be to reduce carb intake and up the fruit and veg intake. A balanced diet is what is required to get the weight to shift. A bit more in the way of excercise would help, but as an ex boxer you obviously know that.

Depending on what your op was regarding your kidney, you may well want to get advice from your doc or practice nurse.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
All you need to do is cut out carbohydrates in your last meal and cut down on th booze.

Dont believe in fad diets etc, they dont work and you just put all the weight back on as soon as you finish.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As far as I can see, it is all in the booze. If I stopped drinking I think I would disappear completly. Give this a rest and see what happens.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've nearly finished a book that has become a revelation about diets.

In a nutshell it appears the problem lies with refined carbohydrates i.e. white bread, pasta, white rice, sugar, sweets, beer etc.

Seems were not cut out for these things which are a relatively new addition to the human diet and they push up insulin production without providing adequate satiation (fullness) and may even stimulate hunger.

Seems to make a lot of sense but of course...

Caveat emptor

bill