Weekend Tee Times

D

Deleted member 16999

First light in the winter, no comps in the summer before 7:00am, but individuals can go out from first light so long as they give way to greenkeepers.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just checked and about 1 hour after daybreak seems to be the norm here (although greenstaff will easily have been in for a couple of hours by then prepping the course)

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We can book from 8 summer and winter, however daylight really dictates first tee off time. played Saturday, was off at 8.05, just about able to see and back in at 11.05 !!
In the summer you can tee off almost whenever you want but can't book a time until 8.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
8am during the winter, but as Patrick said, it doesn't get light up here much before that. I once went out early doors at my last club and was on the second green when the automatic sprinklers came on and soaked me!

I must confess that when I was a HGK I used to use that trick on a couple of early starting members groups who always moaned about the greenstaff getting in the way..
Time the cycle to a short splash going forward at 15 minute intervals a green so it would totally mess them up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We don't have tee times. We have a regular group that congregate on the first before its light and are off and playing at first light. I've seen them on the tee when I'd say it was still dark and must make seeing the ball hard. Still they seem happy enough. There are usually a few odd four balls that then go out and a couple small roll ups before my Saturday group draw the balls at 7.45 and hit the tee by 8.00. Everyone knows when these roll ups go out so as long as you're in the queue ahead of them you go out before them. There's also the option to go off the tenth if the first is really busy