Weekend Plans

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck to all of you that are in competitions this weekend. I'm nightshift tonight and tomorrow night. :mad:
Probably play 9 holes with my young lad Sunday night, got a match on Monday night and playing Montrose Medal on Tuesday morning. :cool:

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am gutted, I am striking the ball the best I have ever done and I cant get to the range this weekend cause it closes before I finish work.

Might be able to sneak 9 in sunday night though! Fingers crossed

Ronnoc1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well part 1 of 3 done played this morning shot a 73 (4 over) for 40pts! oh and due to my poor partner we lost the four ball match 1 down he did 28pts. well should finishwell on the single stab sheet tho.

one down two to go

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I was stood on the 17th teebox +3 gross and level par for the back nine with just a straight forward par 3 and driveable par 4 finish, pushed my 6 iron right and thinned my second through the green trying to loft it over a small bush, never really recovered the hole and took a s.e.v.e.n, drove the last green and lipped out for a birdie after leaving the first putt short.
I Ended up with a net 68 gross 78 for a round that should have been an awful lot better, what made it worse was that a playing partner crept round 1 shot less after also having a 7 at a previous hole too, the difference was that he was -1 for the par 3's gross where I was +6 for the same 4 holes.

Ho Hum, getting cut regardless probably 0.6 so that will pull me back down to 8.9 after one terrifying week sat at 9.5 (10) which is the highest Ive been in 10 years even while striking the ball well.
My mental game was spot on for 17.5 of the holes, it just shows you what one lapse in concentration can do to a round and yet again for around the 5th game in a row, one bad hole has prevented me from getting cut more than I actually did, I estimate that I should have shed 4 shots this year already had I not ballsed one hole per round up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
managed to shoot a nett 71 (+1) which included three double bogeys on the front nine including two 5's at par threes and a 6 at the short 4th (320 yards). On the par 3 first they moved the tee from the back marker (229) to the back of the front box (179) and hit my iron into the right trap. No problem I'll just hit out two putt and walk away. Poor bunker shot and 3 putts later!!!!

On the 4th I hit into the light rough off the tee and with only a wedge in hand proceeded to hit it off the toe and short into sand. A poor sand shot short a crappy chip and 2 putts and rack up another double.

On the 7th into the wind tried to be macho and force a 7 iron 140 yards when it was an easy 6 all day. Came up short hit a chip to the front edge and tried to be too careful on the downhill putt and left it 3 foot short which I duly missed.

Played the back 9 really well. Missed a downhill 4 footer for par on 12 which I should have got but needed a par 5 on the last to play to my handicap. Hooked the drive left and as it was sitting down a touch thought a 5 wood would stay low enough to go under the big bough of the tree in front of me. Typically I hit it perfectly and it ballooned into the branches but came back into the light rough. I had about 95 yards from spongy rough over water (squeaky bum time) and got it on the dancefloor but my 20 footer missed to the right.

First time in ages I've played remotely close to my handicap this year. I may squeak 3rd in the division though not holding my breath. Will get some order of merit points. I'm just frustrated at the way I frittered shots away on the front nine and disappointed at how poorly I chipped and putted after that aspect of my game had been going well. Still got a roll up with my mates tomorrow so another perfomance like today should see me pick up the money

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Foolishly helped mate with some work on Friday.

Woke this morning,knee shot,weekend over,gutted.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Unlucky Nico, did you get out into the great sunshine today even for a bit of exercise? It was gorgeous over here and from the top of the course scotland was easily visible (only happens on the clearer days).
Regardless of the golf the weather was sweltering and glad I went out, looking forward to next week already.
Homer, good to hear fella, morale on here definately keeps the chin up for each weekend regardless of how bad the last one went, definately for me anyway.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did get out,was able to walk this afternoon and went onto Watership Down with aforementioned pal.

Lovely day,but I would have swapped my view for yours,it sounds amazing!

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a nice early round before the Captains cup rush started at 8, did well hit every green but could not sink a putt.
grandson beat me 6&5 dont know how he does it little blighter hits it sweet and manages to sramble itto the hole.
Arrived home to panic stations No2 son back on leave from NI tooks his youngest down to the skateboarding park and managed to smash his ankle, he's in hosp for 3days and suposed to report for duty 8am monday.
such is life at least i can still see the looks of glory as the balls landed on the greens[every par 3 hit in 1 and closest the pin]
never got to the captains presentation last night so never found out who won will have to go for a pint at lunch time.

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
got 9 holes in yesterday morning, and eagerly waiting for 15th June when summer golf begins. Great start yesterday, so so for 2-6, played great again for 7,8&9 (par-par-birdie).

Learned that when I slice my driver, its cos I have slowed my swing down. When I then give it some ooomph agaib, it goes straight again. I think its cos its a s-flex. Slowing down is not good for it!

DCB

Visit site
Not played since the begining of May for various reasons so I was keen to get out this weekend. Played a mixed foursomes tie on Friday night which we won 3 & 1. Then yesteday (Saturday) played in the June medal and managed to get into the buffer zone. Could have been better yesterday but struggled on the greens which were very slow indeed. I just couldn't get the ball up to the hole.

Our Championship Qualifier is next weekend, two rounds, Sat & Sun. Looking forward to that now. I just hope we keep some of this good weather for next weekend. It's been absolutely great this weekend, maybee even a little too warm for the golf course!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorted for a game straight after work tonight!

I have all my gear in the car and cleaned my clubs when I got into work before morning inspection!

Such a nice day here, I wreckon its atleast 16degrees already and its gonna keep climbing. (hottest day so far this year maybe?)

Just hope it still nice at 18:30hrs

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went to the clubhouse this afternoon, 2 shots of the winning score, that 7 at the 17th par3 really cost me but hey, I got cut more than I expected anyway, back into the realms of 8.x!!! Roll on next week.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got out this afternoon as planned . After scoring a 94 on monday , i was hoping to keep the run going albeit on a much harder course. Well , i finished with a 97 which was very very pleasing . Would have amounted to 39 points ( Yee Hah :) ) . Didn't card a 7 until the 14th and then also had an 8 on the last . Had 5 single putts on the first six holes and even chipped in for a 5 on the par 5 17th.
It seems like the hard work is paying off ;)

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mark had a gross 64, for a nett 59 also. Last I heard 56 was still winning.
I found the greens quite slow, tee to green was good so reasonably happy.