Week-end in Cornwall, or "Ryder Cup" style match??

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have booked up for myself and 5 mates to visit Lanhydrock Golf Club in Cornwall for the week-end of Fri 28th and Sat 29th August. We are staying in the hotel and playing four rounds of golf (18 on Friday, 36 on Saturday and 18 again on Sunday morning). Two night accommodation, all the golf, full "Cornish" breakfast and 3 course evening meals for the two nights all included for £239.00 per person. I don't think this is a bad deal at all.
We would really like to have eight of us to make up two fourballs so if anybody is interested in getting away for the week-end please contact me. At the moment the club only require £50.00 per person deposit.
Alternatively, I could throw the gauntlet down to our forum members "down West" and see if they could muster up a group of 6 of their players to take my group on in a Ryder Cup style competition to be played over the four rounds. Maybe Fourball betterball on Friday and Saturday followed by singles matchplay to decide on the Sunday?
My group are all decent guys and there are no "bandits" amongst us, handicaps range from 9 to 16.
If you are interested, let me know!
;)

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Rob, I can't commit to the whole weekend, but would love to pop down for the Friday. I'll keep and eye on this thread nearer the time, and if you have room I'll be there.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think we have been given a teeing off time of around 3.20 on the Friday afternoon mate, so if you fancy coming down and joining in the fun you are more than welcome
;)

Edit. Just checked the confirmation email from them and it is 3.02pm on the Friday.
;)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Tee times we have so far are as above and 09.26 on Sat Morning and 09.45 on Sunday morning.
Haven't been given a time for Sat Afternoon but would guess it will be around 3.00pm
;)

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah but for the credit crunch & the fact the missus & myself are already booked in not far away & all pre-paid for the rounds we're playing.

Best of Luck Smiffy...

Out of curiosity are you a Richard Thompson Fan? With a name like that you ought to have a glass eye. rofl