wedge shafts

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
just wondering. ...

is there a marked difference in changing shafts from wedge flex tt to say kbs or px?
wondering about personal experience.
cheers

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
TT wedge flex plays to around S200.

So I suppose what Px or KBS shaft you're looking to replace with. Not just flex but shaft weight also.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
yes thats what I was thinking.
now I dont use full swings with wedges so is the difference going to be really that noticeable?

That's completely personal.

I used to play KBS shafts in my XFT wedges and they were nice. Didn't feel harsh and didn't feel boardy.

When I got fitted earlier this year I was fitted for TT DG R300 in my irons, so to keep the 'feel' similar, I went for the TT Wedge flex.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's completely personal.

I used to play KBS shafts in my XFT wedges and they were nice. Didn't feel harsh and didn't feel boardy.

When I got fitted earlier this year I was fitted for TT DG R300 in my irons, so to keep the 'feel' similar, I went for the TT Wedge flex.

I have TT shafts in my ruins and KBS wedge flex in my ZTP's :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

TM seemed to favor KBS a little while back. I remember the R9 (... I think) having KBS 90's as their stock shaft.

I prefer True Temper shafts myself.

They still do favour KBS - it is their standard iron shaft but I'm also a fan of TT

But the wedge shaft seems really soft and smooth

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
They still do favour KBS - it is their standard iron shaft but I'm also a fan of TT

But the wedge shaft seems really soft and smooth

I agree the KBS shafts are really good.

I prefer the launch and control TT dynamic gold give, especially in wedge flex. The KBS seemed to go pretty high, pretty quick.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are also some specific wedge shafts available, the TT DG Spinner, which has a funny pinched look, and the KBS Hi-Rev. These are designed to give a lower more spiny flight.