Wedge shaft length

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just been offered a callaway jaws x-series 52 wedge with 12 degree bounce from a friend who doesn't want it anymore. I'm struggling with it at the moment and don't think i'll keep it. I mainly play of tight lies, which i don't think a high bounce helps with?
Also the shaft seems very short. From the top of the grip to the hozzle(?) is 32.5 inches, is this a regular shaft length?

Thanks for your help.

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just been offered a callaway jaws x-series 52 wedge with 12 degree bounce from a friend who doesn't want it anymore. I'm struggling with it at the moment and don't think i'll keep it. I mainly play of tight lies, which i don't think a high bounce helps with?

No it doesn't, you want a lower bounce for tight lies.

Also the shaft seems very short. From the top of the grip to the hozzle(?) is 32.5 inches, is this a regular shaft length?

It should be slightly shorter than a PW but I must admit mine feels quite short, I struggle to hit full shots with it though. I mainly use it for chipping or longer pitch/bunker shots but the course I play at wouldn't understand the meaning of the phrase "tight lie".