Wedge shaft flex

Hitdaball

Visit site
I recently went through a plethora of fittings the result of which is for now I have a set of 5–A Callaway Rougue pros with UST recoil 95 780 es stiff shafts to try out over the winter. (My most interesting fitting suggested graphite stiff at 85g so not far off for little cost at present before making a plunge for new sometime in the new year)

I need to get a 54 and 58 wedge (my old clubs are going to live in ireland) and will be getting CBX2 which have a few no cost shafts options in graphite.

One of these is the UST recoil 95- would I be wise to get these shafts in stiff? Or stick with Cleveland stock Rotex in wedge flex?

I never really thought about the flex on wedges before.

Thanks for any advice.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i've just got wflex in my 52 and 58 and have KBS ctaper120 in my irons, hit the wedges fine and i think the softer shaft helps with delicate shots, when i had the same shafts in my wedges they felt a bit dead tbh.. but i'm no expert, maybe ask the pro who's doing your fitting.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I play 87g stiff graphite shafts in my irons and have never had any issues with standard, off the shelf, wedge shafts. They never feel different or wrong.
This includes the A wedge, which in my case isn't part of the iron set but is used as such ie it's next down from a PW and used for full shots frequently. Having yours as part of the set deals with that even better.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently went through a plethora of fittings the result of which is for now I have a set of 5–A Callaway Rougue pros with UST recoil 95 780 es stiff shafts to try out over the winter. (My most interesting fitting suggested graphite stiff at 85g so not far off for little cost at present before making a plunge for new sometime in the new year)

I need to get a 54 and 58 wedge (my old clubs are going to live in ireland) and will be getting CBX2 which have a few no cost shafts options in graphite.

One of these is the UST recoil 95- would I be wise to get these shafts in stiff? Or stick with Cleveland stock Rotex in wedge flex?

I never really thought about the flex on wedges before.

Thanks for any advice.
Most wedge shafts are designed for the wedge they are in.
Putting different shafts may change the feel and way they play.
I had shafts put in my wedges once to match my project x shafts.
Took them out after two weeks as I couldn’t hit them.
If you can demo the shaft you want that will tell you.

Hitdaball

Visit site
Ok thanks folks I’ll go with the Cleveland std graphite wedge flex I think. Weight should be fairly commensurate then too. Thanks for replies 👍🏻