Wedge shaft advice

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've always had whatever shaft came with the 56 and 52 degree wedges (stiff I assume), however wedge play either has me thinning or fatting a lot and certainly not attacking as these clubs should be.

Yes I know its probably my swing, but as the short game is about confidence would x-stiff or regular potentially improve the consistency of strike

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've always had whatever shaft came with the 56 and 52 degree wedges (stiff I assume), however wedge play either has me thinning or fatting a lot and certainly not attacking as these clubs should be.

Yes I know its probably my swing, but as the short game is about confidence would x-stiff or regular potentially improve the consistency of strike

What shafts do you currently have DV (Brand)??

I have TTDG in my MP-T10's in wedge flex, which as Ethan informed me a while back is S200.

In my previous TM wedges I had the KBS Hi-Rev shafts. I'm not sure how these compare to the True Temper in the Mizzys but they did feel a good bit stiffer.

Since changing, my wedge play has improved.

The flex's in my bag are all over the place at the minute. My longer irons (3 & 4) are S300, irons 5-PW are R300 and my wedges are S200 :mad:

Working great at tne minute though :thup:

Last edited:

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes but as you know the shaft can determine your swing or at least make a bit influence.

The reason I say that is other iron play is fine

I'm sure they'll be a small percentage going on. However, I've played for many years (hmm, I suppose getting on for 15 in two distinct periods) and have played with all sorts of wedge shafts. Even my current set-up has entirely non-matching shafts.

I suppose as with many things in Golf, ruling out equipment inconsistencies might be worth it, but fats and thins are almost certainly something else.

I've had DG stiff/reg/lite/wedge flex. Even Callaway "uniflex" - makes no difference.

Dunno. :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I went through this dilemma a while back and has some stiffer shafts fitted into my wedges. Was ok hitting them flat out but got very little feedback when hitting 3/4 shots or pitches and chips. After a while decided that I was better off with a more responsive shaft in the wedges and went back to in effect S200s (had similar flex shafts to you in my irons DV)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Almost certainly a swing issue rather than a shaft one. I've had a huge number of wedges with quite a range of flexes, and it hasn't been the shafts that have influenced quality of strike!:rolleyes:

Spend half (or less) of the cost of a shaft change on a lesson!:mmm:

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh, b.t.w. DarthVega.

I did 80 balls yesterday with a chair up against my right hip - you'll probably know it's a "Bob" drill.

Fixed my wedges good and proper. Hit some beauties today... :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Oh, b.t.w. DarthVega.

I did 80 balls yesterday with a chair up against my right hip - you'll probably know it's a "Bob" drill.

Fixed my wedges good and proper. Hit some beauties today... :)

good shout, I used to practice with an old shaft stuck in the ground a couple of inches from my right hip, must do it again for the wedges- nice reminder:thup: