Wedge lie angle

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having some short game lesson and the pro has suggested my wedges (Ping S159) should be flatter (bought standard black dot)

According to both Ping and Wishon static wrist to floor measurements in between 1 and 2 degrees flat, so if I get the adjusted which would I tend towards ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Lie angle is more important the higher the loft so on wedges it's critical - and also, possibly, the thing that people worry about least
1 degree out equates to about 4 yards left or right of target...so 1 degree isn't a disaster but 3 or 4 can mean the ball finds the bunker or worse.

RichA

Visit site
Doesn't a flatter lie help with the more lofted wedges if you like to open the face and make use of the bounce?

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Flatter lie will help you on a chip shots use your bounce, you can fat it and still hit a good chip.
As everything in golf it boils down to each individual technique

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Having some short game lesson and the pro has suggested my wedges (Ping S159) should be flatter (bought standard black dot)

According to both Ping and Wishon static wrist to floor measurements in between 1 and 2 degrees flat, so if I get the adjusted which would I tend towards ?
If you can actually notice that you're heel is regularly hitting prematurely, then 2°, which I believe is orange dot, would probably be ok.