Wedge Hell

IpswichHacker

Visit site
I seem to have spent more time in golf shops over the last 2 months than on the course. I've just changed my driver and have swung endless clubs in the search for "that 1" club that will really suit my swing. I'm now happily teamed up with a Cobra HS9. (Funny I can't see this listed or reviewed anywhere!!).

I'm now about to embark on the search for some new wedges since the groves on my SW have just about closed up. Not wishing to repeat this process again, has anyone got any sensible suggestions for limiting my adventure?

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
To be honest you won’t go too far wrong with a Titleist Vokey wedge.

I’ve got the 58 degree spin milled version and it’s superb.

The only downside to it (as far as I can see) is that the face seems to mark up quicker than i’d expect it. Perhaps that’s just because i’m playing too many shots with it out of the bunker :D

DHM.

B

birdieman

Personally prefer Clevelands to vokeys, the CG10 black pearls are my favourite. If you're a higher handicap the CG11's are easier to hit. Think Cleveland have a new wedge model out but haven't tried that.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi, just got a Wilson Harmonized Trouble Wedge 64 Degree, and that seems to be doing the business for me.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Vokey spin milled every time. Got 54 and 58 degree. 56 and 60 degree cleveland 588s are up in the roof now, with the other relegated clubs.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got myself a Vokey spin milled 60deg with a 4deg bounce at the start of the year. Ecellent for getting up and down quickly from tight lies behind bunkers etc. Stops dead as well. Be careful when you buy that you get the correct bounce for the conditions you usually play in. I play from quite tight lies usually on a links, but the bounce goes up to 12 degrees I think.

http://www.titleist.co.uk/golfclubs/wedges/default.asp

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
The Spin Milled are really nice. Just got myself a set of Callaway X Tour wedges and they are really nice- quite heavy which really helps on full shots.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't help but agree about the Vokey spin milled wedges. Just bought a 54 degree and it just about takes the cover off a Pro V1x with full shots. Stops on a sixpence, even puching in low. Will definitely replace my Vokey 60 degree regular with the spin milled version when the time comes.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I recently won a Nike Tour SV sixty degree in a competition and it is rapidly becoming my favourite club.

B

birdieman

would back up GB72 on the Nike SV, I got one in 52 degrees and it is very good at imparting spin. It also has a S400 shaft which is hard but the dispersion grouping I got from 30 balls on the practice field was the tightest I've ever had - very impressed with this wedge.